hello soulstrut community

VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Been a while I know. But I lurk. The redesign looks terrific. Well, just wanted to say, "hi." Also, I was just listening to Twice Inna Lifetime by Blackstar. Everyone's verse is on that is hot hot hot. Even Jane Doe's verse is hot. Does anyone here remember the Lady of Rage? How about Boss? Well that is all. Shalom.

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Where are you working and could you please handicap the Republican nomination process for us?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Where are you working and could you please handicap the Republican nomination process for us?

Huckabee's actually doing a pretty good job of that right now.

• i love mos def's verse in twiceinnalifetime. love. it.

i tell your taint magazine story a lot.

• Hey E**!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i love mos def's verse in twiceinnalifetime. love. it.

Was is punchline that had that line: "In rhyme bouts/ you'll dial nine/ just to get a line out"?

I always loved that shit!

Hey Vitamin, where you reporting from nowadays? and yeah what doyou think of the skinny methodist preist from Arkansas?

• i love mos def's verse in twiceinnalifetime. love. it.

Was is punchline that had that line: "In rhyme bouts/ you'll dial nine/ just to get a line out"?

I always loved that shit!

Hey Vitamin, where you reporting from nowadays? and yeah what doyou think of the skinny methodist preist from Arkansas?

Hey yawl.

I'm in DC, still writing for the New York Sun, but getting ready for another 8 weeks in Baghdad/Kurdistan. On the GOP thing I am less sure in the last few months about who is gonna take it. If the war becomes a secondary issue and not the hottest issue, then Giuiliani falls like Stringer Bell. But if the war re-emerges, or the anti-war movement re-emerges, then that benefits Rudy cause he owns the issue. I know it should be McCain, but it isn't.

I am no Carville or anything, but I thought 08 was a wartime election, so I thought Rudy would get the nomination. David Brooks just wrote that 08 is a postwar election. If that's the case, then the winner could be Huckabee, just cause he is less vulnerable on the immigration thing, though he is vulnerable on that. Rudy and Mitt are also vulnerable, and that leaves who? Fred Thompson? Dude looks worse than McCain. Certainly not anyone else. So it's like Brewsters Millions, none of the above.

I still think it's gonna be Rudy. The conservative base wants victory right now and seethes at the prospect of what they see as the neutralism of the Democrats. That said, I could be wrong. I cover intelligence, diplomacy and war, not focus groups and attack ads.