ARONAS = good jazz

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I recently Aronas' "Culture Tunnels" album on my hard drive and really like it. It's jazz, but almost every song is free of the typical swing ride cymbal pattern. It's one of the most refreshing albums i've heard in a while. I did a search for it and it hasn't been mentioned here, so I thought I would see what people have to say about it.Here's a favorite:

Comments

• Here's another- this one is nice and mellow

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Nice stuff thanks for sharing

I especially like the mellow one

I love how it builds up it would be a perfect piece toease in the explanation of free jazz in some musical therapy ''academical'' way

definetly different jazz..dont sleep!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Check out Kurt Rosenwinkel's "Heartcore" CD. It's a different take on jazz that you might enjoy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I really like these songs, and had never heard of the artist before. They both build gently, but with focus. Both songs are good, but I prefer the first one to the mellow one. It goes to a less expected place, and commanded my attention throughout.

Aronas is from Australia? Or is it New Zealand? (And yes, I know it's like asking someone who's Scottish if they're from England - sorry, I just don't know which in this instance)

Listen up soulstrut. Free music here.