Any advance NYE party hype?

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
What up fam,I'm trying to find some to find a cool event to attend for NYE. I am not opposed to travelling, but I'm just there for the party and I'm out New Year's Day.I'm specifically eyeing Chicago, but anywhere in the Midwest would be choice. Hell, if my hometown (Detroit) had something pumpin' going on I'd do it. I just want something worthwhile before I ball out and just find something swanky for me and my lady to do.Peace.G.A.M.

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    300 DJs peruse / lurk on this forum and nothing?!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You should come to NY, dude.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    You should come to NY, dude.
    I'd love to actually. You guys' NYE mixes stay in rotation at the cribbo. We wanted to come out there last year, but our friends demanded we stay and be boring with them.

Thing is, I'm not sure we can afford to do that yet. It's still a possibility. I'm thinking of proposing to my lady that night, so I'm trying to find the best scenario to do it. It's vexing just contemplating the task.

• you guys can sleep on my floor here in bushwick, brooklyn. then propose to her. that's twoo wuv.

DJ Benzi's got something going down in chicago.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I'll be playing alongside Mr Finewine and Andy Noble in Milwaukee this year. Should be a good bit of trouble.

• just for laughs, saw this shit the other day. wonder if it's real?

web page

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    you guys can sleep on my floor here in bushwick, brooklyn. then propose to her. that's twoo wuv.

DJ Benzi's got something going down in chicago.
    lol appreciate it, but naw, we'd get a room, faux show (old school Soulstrut).

But yo... I just learned about this DJ Benzi fella. Apparently, he's out in Ann Arbor, MI now... running shit on satellite radio and such. I've never really heard of him. *sigh* Props to him though. I appreciate his podcasts.
    I'm not sure I want to pay $140/ticket to party, just to enjoy a decent selector playing music for Chi-town's ballers and random tourists. I'm wondering what it will cost to come through after midnight.

So we got The Rub, Mr. Finewine (Michiganders unite!), DJ Benzi...

What about Ohio..., Philly... somewhere I can drive to from the D!

web page

I doubt it. Dudes like him don't need to pull shit like this.

web page

I doubt it. Dudes like him don't need to pull shit like this.

^^^ jocks Jeremy Shockey ^^^

• I doubt it. Dudes like him don't need to pull shit like this.
    ^^^ jocks Jeremy Shockey ^^^
    Naw, not even. I didn't know who he was until a couple days before having dinner with him, a little after he was drafted by the Giants. Anyway, it was on some work shit, and we ended up having dinner after a promotion gig. Somehow a couple of groupie chicks invited themselves to dinner, jockin the whole time, interrupting "work". At any rate, he and his manager seemed like decent dudes, but I'm sure by the way they carried themselves that they probably have access to a lot of girls who want to "party". I don't follow football or anything, JUST SAYYYING

• Yo Gam if you wanna cruise up to the Tragik we have Lo and Finale on NYE! Should be dope!