Headphone/earpiece info needed

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I have been having problems with the iPod ear buds crapping out when I am working out. I got sweaty ears. Seems like the moisture fucks up sound on the buds. I am not using the foam covers that came with them (and god knows where they are). Would they solve this problem? What are other options/recommended earpieces?

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    C'mon people help a brother out. I can't hear those jams when I am pumping iron. What's good in terms of athletics and quality headsets.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I just got the Sony MDR-EX85LP earbud joints for $50 and they're GREAT. You can spend more for some really good ones but these are well worth the $ for comfortability and performance.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDREX85LP-BLK-Soft-Earbud/dp/B000PCH3FI

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    if you want sound isolation earbuds and incredible sound go with the Shure E4C's now called SCL4 PRO.

A buck-fifty on ebay, but trust me.. well worth it. If you do decide on getting them, I strongly suggest keeping them in the pouch they provide ALWAYS -- I didn't.. and one earbud gave in on a recent trip and the cost of getting them fixed is almost as much as a new pair. Also, tons of options for earbud shapes & sizes.. making them very comfortable for long hours of listening.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Anybody rock the earbuds while DJing?

I know one guy that does so and swears by it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Are these suggestions sweaty ear approved? Thanks for all the info. I think I have a channukah wish list now.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm a sweaty motherfucker, dude. I dunno, I'm just saying.