Equipment Buying Strut

highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I am about to drop some coin on some equipment and I was wondering if anyone knew any reputable companys/hookups that give discounts if you buy a lot of pieces at once.I am going to be coming back to the US next week and I am only bringing my turntables & sampler with me. I am looking to purchase a Rane TTM56 Mixer, Microwave Scratch Live, a Pioneer Effector, some KRK Monitors, and an Apogee Duet Interface. Anyone know where to get hooked up?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Agiprodj is pretty solid for that, it's one or two dudes who run it with great customer service.

Labcabin has been good to me as well even though their prices aren't always great.

B/W

• Thanks spelunk, I am going to contact that agiprodj and get a quote.

Just got back from Japan and only brought my turntables and most prized records with me on the plane. Got about about 10 boxes of records coming by boat and I am a bit worried, but fuck it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I am looking to purchase a Rane TTM56 Mixer, Microwave Scratch Live, a Pioneer Effector
    Any reason you are buying those instead of just buying a 57?

• Well the 57 is cool, but it is expensive. I don't think the on mixer controls are really worth the extra price between buying a ttm56+stand-alone Microwave. I know there are effects on the 57, but having a stand-alone effector is nice for non DJ use, as well as if you want to bring the effects to a gig but not your mixer.

Not to mention the sound on the EFX1000 and the ability to control it with a pedal.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I had a 57 and I found it to be a little much to pack into a 10-inch mixer. IMO effects need to be really at your fingertips, and no matter how I set it up on the 57 it felt like I was using a menu system. Now I've got a Kaoss Pad mini with an Allen & Heath Xone 02 and it's perfect.

• Xone 02 b,121b,121prefer cutting on this than my rane 56. In fact I've never got on with my 56's faders cut in

• oops sorry for dragging up an ancient thread, was looking for something else

• Not much of a discount to be had on the Rane stuff, no margin. You can find some decent deals on the KRKs and you might be able to find a Pioneer EFX used for a decent price on ebay or craigslist. b,121The guys at Sweetwater a href="http://www.sweetwater.com" target="_blank"1www.sweetwater.com do a great job, always knowledgable, good prices, free shipping.