I JUST SOLD THIS GUY HIS OWN RECORD

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I noticed this when I was shipping it out 'Donald Holton...'Anyone had this experience on the 'bay?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    A friend of mine sold a hard to find 78 of the Everly Bros to one of the Everlys. It arrived broken. Mr. Everly was not pleased.

• i sold endless flight to leo sayer but he sent me a money order drawn out with crayon

• not on ebay, but I sold James Frierson (Wendy Rene's brother, was a member of the Drapels that recorded for Stax and Volt, and also recorded for Hi as James Fry) a copy of one of his Hi recordings...I cut him a good deal.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I was in TSL once when ?uestlove came in and bought a bunch of Roots 12"s.

• I was in TSL once when ?uestlove came in and bought a bunch of Roots 12"s.

Damn, I wonder if he was trying to save some cash, waiting for them to move to the dollar bin

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I've sold a few private sax LPs to Jay Migliori's wife last year. Very nice lady.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    private sax. Very nice lady.

• I was in TSL once when ?uestlove came in and bought a bunch of Roots 12"s.

Money Laundering Related

• I sold a Silver Burdett's Pipeline 7" EP, which featured an interview with Harry Chapin, to a member of the Chapin family. I know I mentioned this before here, but apparently the interview and one song is exclusive to the EP, and I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I had to find the address to mail it too. They later scanned the label and booklet for the Chapin website.

The EP was sold for $100.

• Sold Meadowlark Lemon a copy of Shoot A Basket via eBay. I declined payment and asked for an autographed picture. Done.

Also sold Billy Gibbons a Love 45 (7 and 7 Is) about 3 days on GEMM after Arthur Lee passed. He never answered my email thanking him for 99th Floor, but he did pay for the 45.

That's about it for me.

• Sold a Steel Drum record to a guy who was one of the players on the album.
    He was real happy to have found it and sent me a nice email about his experiences playing with the band and about their TV appearance???s and stuff.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    deleted

• I'v board some records that I did off of some ebay dealers.

And I bought a record because I knew it had a sample on it which was used by a certain hiphop band I liked.

After I won the record on Ebay I sended the money to a bank account and the name I had to use was very familiar to me.

It was the producer from the HipHop crew where I knew the sample from.

So I have not only the sample I wanted, I got the original record it was sampled from.