Ultimate Fighter finale

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Totally expected George to take Tommy out. That finger to the eye shit was bullshit, George shoulda chilled and taken his full 5 minutes. Threw his whole game off, and got caught by the sloppiness. I like that Mac dude, he's got alot of heart and reminds me of some of my friends..... he should stand a good chance against Tommys slop. I'm betting on a choke out in the 1st round.

Comments

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Totally expected George to take Tommy out. That finger to the eye shit was bullshit, George shoulda chilled and taken his full 5 minutes. Threw his whole game off, and got caught by the sloppiness.

I like that Mac dude, he's got alot of heart and reminds me of some of my friends..... he should stand a good chance against Tommys slop. I'm betting on a choke out in the 1st round.

I agree about George, he should have waited longer you could see him trying to fight with his left eye closed. It was obvious he was going to get hit with Tommy's "big" right as he was throwing it the whole fight. I really wanted George to win but at the same time I really wanted him to lose (humble him a bit, he was way to cocky in the fight selection interview)
    Mac is great, real moody guy. When he fought Mach in Pride Trigg was talking about how he came from a really messed up background and had some bad shit happen to him. Tough guy inside and out + he is a vegan. He should fight that other vegan from season 2...I can't remember his name but he fought in the final.

• As an Aussie it would have been good to see another Aussie in the UFC apart from the perennial whipping boy Elvis Sinosic. I am sure that George did show enough throughout the show to get a few fights in the future, The finger in the eye may have been a deciding factor but generally George seemed a lot more cautious and nervous than in any of his other bouts.

Is it just me or has this season been pretty lacklustre, I still watched it but It didn't really do it for me and the finale may ne a little uninspiring compared to the Bonner vs Griffin fight in season 1.

I think the real highlight will be the Huerta vs Guida fight as they are guaranteed to bang not ponce around and try to score on points. Dana white should realise that there are some fighters who might win but dont bring it for the crowds and do nothing for the sport. ( eg Tim Silvia, Josh Koshchek)