JUST CURIOUS?????????

bottomfeederbottomfeeder 116 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I KNOW EVERYONE ON THESE FORUMS ARE SUPER DIGGERS. BUT IM CURIOUS TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS THE RAREST RECORD YOU EVER SLEPT ON.I SLEPT ON ANDY BEY - EXPERIENCE AND JUDGEMENT LPAND J.R. BAILEY - JUST ME N YOU LP.IT WAS MY EARLY YEARS.MIGHT BE OTHERS THAT I DONT KNOW OF YET.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    THIS ONE RECORD BY THE CAPITOLS

• too many to mention...
    The worst is when you find two of your grails at once, but only have enough money for one. Which one do you pick, which one will you have to wait forever to find again.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    not super-rare but one time in chicago i found 3 oliver sain lps for like $3 each and didnt get any of them

and shaft in africa for $3 one time.

usually when i find actually RARE stuff its overpriced anyway.

• just rememberd. i left kenny dorham afro cuban lp. bluenote, deep groove, mint as fuck.
    i left it cuz it was 100.00 dollars.
    shit goes for 5 or 6 hundy now!

• slept on this Brenda Jones 45 I had...had it my $2 box for a couple years that I would bring out to the record swaps in town...luckily no one knew any better cause I saw that it goes for $200-$300...dug it out of the cheapie box and sold it for $250...I was lucky...

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    gave away the jon lucien rashida ep and slept on a jay mitchell goombay bump 45

• I passed on Terry Manning's Home Sweet Home album for years 'cause I didn't know it was supposed to be that good (and Stax had a spotty track record with white rock anyway). By the time I knew anything, it was already a collectable by then.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    THIS ONE RECORD BY THE CAPITALS

I'm not even sure, I still don't know much about records in spite of my attempts to find out more from the strut. (on my account)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    SUPER DIGGERS

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    NM doubles of Love Is In Us All. Wasn't digging the hearts. This was way back.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    slept on this Brenda Jones 45 I had...had it my $2 box for a couple years that I would bring out to the record swaps in town...luckily no one knew any better cause I saw that it goes for $200-$300...dug it out of the cheapie box and sold it for $250...I was lucky...

I had almost the same thing happen, but it wasn't worth quite that much.

Still, I picked up this Disco M.A.S.H 12" by the New Marketts in the dollar bin a couple years back. I held on to it for awhile and put it in my nightowl box for $2 when I decided I didn't really like it and I didn't really have a taste for disco yet.

It went to maybe 2 or 3 shows, including Eugene. Then Void was going through my boxes last spring and happened to look it up for some reason and we ended up auctioning it off for $70!

The funny thing was I remembered researching it when I got it and because I didn't like it I kind of gave up on it when I couldn't find out anything about it. Lesson Learned. But I still don't think it was worth anything then....and no one has got that much for it since, infact it goes from anywhere between $10-17-40. So who knows? Can you ever know everything when prices change like the stock market? Please direct me to the vaults on this topic.

I do remember getting really stressed out about this happening when I first started selling. I was always worried about missing something, but that kind of took some of the fun out of it ( being so worried ) and I'm sure I have slipped on some shit, but who hasn't? Its all about that winning some, losing some.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I'm sorry I meant

its all about winning some and losing none.

opps.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

thank god some guy posted this before i got to peru...i almost slept on my copy it was vg- however so i only osld it for like 300$

stilll