Songs evoking summer

VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
The scent of Honey soy marinated chicken on the grill and passing jays, cold Stella, daisy dukes on the ladies, Dudes sportin their tightest lacostes, schools out, Lemonade Iced tea, fireflies, Tiki torches and yard work. So Dub at his blog listed three songs evoking the anticipation of all of this. The Siik remix of Amerie's One thing, Shugie Otis Inspiration Information and the UPC All Stars "Don't Get Discouraged." All fine examples of the genre of music that conjure the summer vibe. Not necessarily songs about summer. I mean I love The Who's live version of "Summertime Blues" but that doesn't get me where I'm going. So here are some of the tunes from last night's Ipod playlist:Part of my life: India ArieThe Day: Rahasaan PattersonRun Away: Nuyorican SoulBrazillian Rhyme: EWFFamily Affair: SlySugar and Spice: Luther Life is just a moment pt. 2: Roy AyersPass It On: WailersWake Up (sunshine mix): Brand NubianOfcourse Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff Sugaree: DeadD'yer Maker: Led ZepFeelin Alright: West Coast All StarsSummer Breeze: IsleysAll N All: Al Green

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Brazillian Rhyme: EWF

nice list.. i'd add the entire 'keep your head to the sky' lp

ethereal summertime isht.