liberal return policies (holiday shopping related)

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Neiman Marcus will except pretty much anything as a return, regardless of how beat up it is, or how long ago it was purchased, and they give you cash back. I had a pair of sunglasses that were given to me as a gift by an ex, and after we broke up, which was about 6 months after i got them, i took 'em back and got the cash, even without the receipt.Best Buy doesn't really honor sh*t past 30 days, but within that period they basically have a no questions asked policy. I bought a tv for my mom there on black friday that didn't work. Took it back to the store in an open box this past weekend. They didn't even look inside and gave me my money back right away.Where else should I be shopping? I basically assume that a majority of the gifts I give over the holidays are getting returned or exchanged....at least thats what I do with 90% of the crap that I get.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    While I'm trying to decide on (motivate) my new car stereo, I've been buying this Monster cable FM transmitter ($50) for my Iriver. I need an in-dash with an aux out. I return the transmitter before 30 days and get a new one. I've done it three times. It works the best out of all the transmitters, but still does not work. I have no CDs, but 200GB of music. It sounds retarded, but I don't have time go get a new stereo installed.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I've heard of people buying TV's at Cosco and keeping them for almost a year and returning them for a refund. Tho, someone told me they were putting a stop to that. Not sure if it was true.

I personally think it's weak. But then, it's their own refund policy.

• yeah, wouldn't want to screw Cost-Co over...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yeah, the commodified world that we live in is a grey one. Take advantage of companies who take advantage of you, or play the good card? I just wish there was a way to consistently screw over cell phone service providers.

What's really real is buying shit on black friday and returning for store credit once the item's price has gone back up.

• JUDJUD 82 Posts
    I've heard of people buying TV's at Cosco and keeping them for almost a year and returning them for a refund. Tho, someone told me they were putting a stop to that. Not sure if it was true.

I personally think it's weak. But then, it's their own refund policy.
    They changed this at the beginning of the year, unfortunately. The return policy is now 90 days for tv's, ipods, and some other shit , with a year extension on the manufacturer's warranty. Everything else in the store is supposed to have a five year return policy though.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Hmmm...

Canada's might still be a year. A friend told me he returned a TV a few months after buying one no prob.

Costco.ca

Returns or Exchanges

Costco guarantees your satisfaction with the merchandise you purchase from us.
    Costco.ca products may be returned to any of our hundreds of Costco warehouses
    worldwide. Or, if you wish to return or exchange merchandise directly to costco.ca, contact
    us at customer service. When returning items containing a 1.00 ct diamond or larger, Costco warehouses may require additional time to verify the diamond, in which case a refund will be approved upon positive verification. This process may require 2 to 5 business days. Desktop and notebook computers may only be returned within 6 months from date of purchase. After the 6-month return window, all services and technical support will be subject to the remaining manufacturer's warranty, where applicable. Costco may in the future restrict its return policy regarding other products. Restrictions will be shown on the corresponding product description page.

• While I'm trying to decide on (motivate) my new car stereo

Some car stereos have a input on the back for cd changers. If your current stereo has a one of these inputs, you can rig it up for ipod use.