Charleston WV - Pittsburgh WHAT IT DO??!@?!???!?!

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'm rolling from Charleston to Pitt this weekend - are there any spots between the two cities worth checking out???? Also, any decent eateries??? PM or PUT ON BLAST!!!!Georges

Comments

• I only really know about spots in/near Pittsburgh, not in between Pgh and WV. If you need direction once you're in the Burgh, hit me up- I'd be happy to help. I know there's also some past threads about P-burgh, if you want to brave the search function.

Glad to hear you're coming here though. Sometimes I start to think that no one has ever visited here before, ever. It's really not a bad place.

• Is anything happening in PGH Christmas week? I'm going to be staying with family in Irwin for a few days but should have some opportunity to get out and about. I know a few record spots (never shy away from new ones though) but more thinking about anything going on at night - or new record spots.

• Is J*** In****** still letting folls come to his house????

anything happening saturday night???

Outside of Eat n Park - should I check a real Pit eatery???

• Is anything happening in PGH Christmas week? I'm going to be staying with family in Irwin for a few days but should have some opportunity to get out and about. I know a few record spots (never shy away from new ones though) but more thinking about anything going on at night - or new record spots.

unfortunately no new record spots. Just the old tried + true

I actually have to be away for part of Xmas week

But a couple of my friends have a pretty happening soul/funk vinyl night which will be going down on the Thursday after Xmas. These are some nice guys and they have some real nice records. link
    I'm pretty sure I'll end up there that night.

• Theres some flea market diggs in Pa before you hit pittsburgh, but really you should be good with all the usual pittsburgh spots- still a nice city to get records. Theres one spot in Keyser West Virginia (eastern panhandle) only about an hour east of Morgantown, but that might be out of the way. Speaking of Morgantown there was one huge basement spot that had been neglected for like 15 years that an old lady still maintained after her husband passed that you used to be able to get into- but recently all the left over crap was sold. Ps Dont eat at eat and park- that last pittsburgh thread had some food tips.

• Is J*** In****** still letting folls come to his house????

anything happening saturday night???

Outside of Eat n Park - should I check a real Pit eatery???

hmmm... if you mean who I think you mean (the b*n*d*ddy?), then yes, he's letting people into his spot, where he has his studio and record room. Or at least, he's been letting ME in! But, um, no- there are no records there

You mean this Saturday night? I'm probably gonna check out Randy Weston (expensive ticket-related). not sure yet about late-night

You should definitely check out a real eatery! Eat n Puke is nasty! Get a sandwich at Primanti Bros or get a hot dog + fries at the "O" in Oakland (Original Hot Dog Shop). Or get some greasy Polish food at Gooski's or Bloomfield Bridge Tavern or the basement of a random church on the South side!

• and cosign on the big throwback, it's a good time if yur out of town looking for some clurb happenings. If you stop in Jerry's and ask around the dudes will probably clue you in..

• s'posed to be back at work Friday but haven't bought my plane tickets yet. Maybe I'll have to fly on Friday and just call in sick.

Cosign on Primanti Bros but you have to go to the strip district or market square for the real experience. My father was eating at the O in college.

• hmmm... if you mean who I think you mean (the b*n*d*ddy?), then yes, he's letting people into his spot, where he has his studio and record room. Or at least, he's been letting ME in! But, um, no- there are no records there

You mean this Saturday night? I'm probably gonna check out Randy Weston (expensive ticket-related). not sure yet about late-night

That's who I'm talking about!!!! One of the first dealers I ever dealt with. Very much THAT DUDE!

I'm doing a show at the Benedum, so I looking for some late-night thing. If you want to link up or have any records for sale/trade - PM me.

• Cosign on Primanti Bros but you have to go to the strip district or market square for the real experience.

I've been to the one at market square - loved it. Need to sort out a late-night eating spot.

I been trying to link up with J Mall$. I have a very old number for him.

• hmmm... if you mean who I think you mean (the b*n*d*ddy?), then yes, he's letting people into his spot, where he has his studio and record room. Or at least, he's been letting ME in! But, um, no- there are no records there

That's who I'm talking about!!!! One of the first dealers I ever dealt with. Very much THAT DUDE!

I'm doing a show at the Benedum, so I looking for some late-night thing. If you want to link up or have any records for sale/trade - PM me.

yeah, i LOVE that dude! I actually owe him a visit, planning on heading out there real soon.

Wait are you John Prine? I'm not much of a seller/trader type but I'll PM you and find out what's going on late-night.

• Wait are you John Prine?

I'm the promoter of the show.

I have to roll to Jerrys on sunday to pick up a record I won on the bay - should we try & meet there?

• I have to roll to Jerrys on sunday to pick up a record I won on the bay - should we try & meet there?

sure... it'd have to be early afternoon as opposed to late afternoon, cause the game is on at 4.
    or we could just meet at 's house.

I'm PMing you.

• Yoyougotbeats, your PMs is full my man.

• Yoyougotbeats, your PMs is full my man.

cleared. resend!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    pmed you

• pmed you back

• Like to big up leisurebandit for being THAT DUDE!!!! Pitt was dope and thanks again for blessing me with the records

Mack - we'll link up next time I come thru. Ish got hectic. I might be DJ'ing up there Feb 2 opening for Formula 412, so I'll holla.

• Like to big up YOIGOTBEATS for being THAT DUDE!!!!

holla

• I'm leaving on the day of the Big Throwback, but it does look like a fun party. However, I'll be hitting some of my usual spots for 45s on Saturday the 22nd. Are there any stores/dealers who seem to have been particularly high on the 45 hog lately?