Jay-Z feat. El Michael's Affair ??? 'Roc Boys

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Jay-Z feat. El Michael's Affair ??? 'Roc Boys (And The Winner Is???)' anyone have this?i am curious

Comments

• Uh, it's on his new album

• Do u mean these guys? a href="http://www.myspace.com/dunhamrecords..." target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/dunhamrecords[/url]... See "Make The Road By Walking"

Paycheck, did u sell Sean C the wax?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Like 40ozking said, it's a sample of Menahan St Band's Make the Road by Walking. Bought from Big City I believe.

Damn Gunn, buying all that UK shite's got you

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    And it's a shitty track

• Not sure, but I was told they also laid some additional tracks over it - "replay" style.

• And it's a shitty track

Say huh?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    And it's a shitty track

You're buggin. Both of those songs are dope. I just bought the 7" last week and have been playing that more than the Jay-Z.
    Anyone catch him with the band on Letterman?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    And it's a shitty track

You're buggin. Both of those songs are dope. I just bought the 7" last week and have been playing that more than the Jay-Z[/b].
    Anyone catch him with the band on Letterman?

I didn't mean the 7".... although I prefer the b side

Glad Jay-Z turned you on to some new music

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• Oh jesus man what kind of friend/supporter are you?

I'm happy for the band, the producers who sampled them, and I think it's one of the better tracks on Jay's record.

I have sold many copies of that single on the back of the Jay-Z record. I think hating on it is kind of lame.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Oh jesus man what kind of friend/supporter are you?

I'm happy for the band, the producers who sampled them, and I think it's one of the better tracks on Jay's record.

I have sold many copies of that single on the back of the Jay-Z record. I think hating on it is kind of lame.

OK OK, just when I first heard the Jay-Z track I was WTF! this is just a straight loop and he's talking to David Letterman (WTF) about getting back into his love of the music like he's some sort of genius. haha. I liked the guy who played AJ on trombone

But Jay-Z and Winehouse are both on the same shit with this suited horn section bizniss. WHERE'S THE HATE I ASK???

• dayday 9,611 Posts

But Jay-Z and Winehouse are both on the same shit with this suited horn section bizniss. WHERE'S THE HATE I ASK???

I don't know about you, but I would rather hear these type of beats than 2 synth notes repeated over an 808 any day.
    What's there to be mad at anyway? You're people are getting paid, their records are being heard (more now than ever before) and it's good music.

• Where's my UNIVERSITY DANCES???

Anyways just giving you a hard time. I know you don't like rap music

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    If you don't like "Roc Boys" then you don't like rap music.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    If you don't like "Roc Boys" then you don't like rap music.

straight up.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

You're people are getting paid, their records are being heard (more now than ever before) and it's good music.

That's exactly how I feel about tha Winehouse, the music is OK, not on some OMG level. I stayed out of those threads since they weren't really about the music anyway. Just trying to add some balanced hatt here.

I don't know about you, but I would rather hear these type of beats than 2 synth notes repeated over an 808 any day.

Winehouse needs to do this. Soulful house.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Where's my UNIVERSITY DANCES???

Anyways just giving you a hard time. I know you don't like rap music

Yeah yeah, been super busy and I sort of got into it. Soon.

Well Jay-Z did kind of fall off after that one that Clark Kent remixed.