Paul Mooney Appreciation Post

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
YES.Last year a sturtter (The_Non?) sent me some of his older comedy cd's and it made me want tocheck on his more recent work. I recently rented "Jesus was black..." and dude is not only hilarious but extremely brilliant and has an a amazing gift with observation. And not to sound cliche, but dude isn't afraid at all to touch upon on a lot of subjects that would make middle of the road folks uncomfortable.One of the G.O.A.T.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dude wrote mad shit for Richard Pryor.

Check out his Race & Masterpiece CDs on Stepson Records......Brilliant shit.

• Hell yeah.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I've seen the guy live 3 or 4 times in the last couple years and he always cracks me up. He goes on for hours. Even though the last time I saw him he was doing some of the same material as the time before I didn't mind at all because it was still funny as hell.

• i only knew him from chappelle show, where i thought his pieces were very funny. a few weeks ago i caught his stand up on showtime....

• A lot of White Folks hate this man.

name one.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Mooney is fearless. Definitely one of the illest in the game right now.

If Bill gates woke up with Oprah's money, He'd jump out the window.

Mariah Carey, Diva! The white side had a nervous breakdown. The black side is a crazy drunk bitch.

- spidey

• he's a really funny guy, but his making Obama vice-president bit is really similar to Chappelle's bit where he says he'd run for president with a Mexican running mate a few years back. not a major gripe, particularly since Mooney very well could have given him the idea, but still it stuck out for me.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    YES.

Last year a sturtter (The_Non?) sent me some of his older comedy cd's and it made me want tocheck on his more recent work. I recently rented "Jesus was black..." and dude is not only hilarious but extremely brilliant and has an a amazing gift with observation. And not to sound cliche, but dude isn't afraid at all to touch upon on a lot of subjects that would make middle of the road folks uncomfortable.

I psychically sent it to you, not in the rilly world. Dude is deadpan hilarious, if you don't like that type of comedy, you ain't gonna like him. I liked his role in Bamboozled (no, I am not sticking up for the movie by saying this). His CDs are really hard to get too because they only get sold at his concerts. A friend of mine sold one on eBay for $50 and I wanted a burn and he refused. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

There is a book somewhere, either by Mooney, Richard Pryor, or unauthorized saying how Mooney was in a gay relationship with Pryor, until Pryor was like

• YES.

Last year a sturtter (The_Non?) sent me some of his older comedy cd's and it made me want tocheck on his more recent work. I recently rented "Jesus was black..." and dude is not only hilarious but extremely brilliant and has an a amazing gift with observation. And not to sound cliche, but dude isn't afraid at all to touch upon on a lot of subjects that would make middle of the road folks uncomfortable.

I psychically sent it to you, not in the rilly world. Dude is deadpan hilarious, if you don't like that type of comedy, you ain't gonna like him. I liked his role in Bamboozled (no, I am not sticking up for the movie by saying this). His CDs are really hard to get too because they only get sold at his concerts. A friend of mine sold one on eBay for $50 and I wanted a burn and he refused. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

There is a book somewhere, either by Mooney, Richard Pryor, or unauthorized saying how Mooney was in a gay relationship with Pryor, until Pryor was like

Might of been Batmon. Funny you mentioned the gay thing, because I thought he was gay this whole time until watching "Jesus Was Black....." he dedicated it to this son (which neccesarilly doesn't make him straight).

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I love Paul Mooney.

And I love Young Phonics new avatar/Loc.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    YES.

Might of been Batmon. Funny you mentioned the gay thing, because I thought he was gay this whole time until watching "Jesus Was Black....." he dedicated it to this son (which neccesarilly doesn't make him straight).

He has a daughter as well that manages his tours.

• gwizgwiz 18 Posts
    didn't know much about him before last summer, then i rented the jesus was black.. dvd and burned race and another disc for a road trip, he's now definately one of my favorite comics

• real m.f. i love him. peace, stein. . .

• Watched the Laugh Factory(on Showtime On Demand) last night. Good stuff as always.

The best part is when the white couple leaves.