Michael Jackson's THRILLER turns 25

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yes, u got his rock guitars on for Thriller and got some MTV play for the Caucasoids that overlooked him for the Grammys that he felt he deserved for the masterpiece that Off The Wall was.

this may be the most unintelligible sentence ive ever read here!

you sound white

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

"Yes, u got his rock guitars on for Thriller and got some MTV play for the Caucasoids that overlooked him for the Grammys that he felt he deserved for the masterpiece that Off The Wall was."

Off The Wall was an instant classic. The Grammys snubbed him/He felt snubbed for the album of the year.
    He said "he was gonna show them muthafukcas who the MAN is".

He returned to studio w/ a vengeance,added more Rock elements/theatrics/plastic surgery.........BANG!!!!!

• "he was gonna show them muthafukcas who the MAN is".

he really said this?

• PS is Thriller still the top-selling album ever?

"he was gonna show them muthafukcas who the MAN is".

he really said this?

No. But he was crazy upset about the snub, and vowed to many friends at the time that he's gonna take it to the next level.

In December 1995, the RIAA certified Off the Wall at 7x Platinum for sales of 7 million in the United States alone (it has since certainly neared sales of 10 million or more), and the album has thus far sold 20 million copies worldwide. For a while, Off the Wall was the biggest recording by a black artist in history until his follow up Thriller album, which became the best selling album of all time.[2]

In particular, Jackson was angry that he had won "only" one Grammy Award at the Grammy Awards of 1980[3] (Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"), losing the Grammy Award for Best Disco Recording to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive". He became determined to exceed everybody's expectations with his next album.

• In particular, Jackson was angry that he had won "only" one Grammy Award at the Grammy Awards of 1980[3] (Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"), losing the Grammy Award for Best Disco Recording to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive". He became determined to exceed everybody's expectations with his next album.

why you want a Frickin' disco award anyway. plus Gaynor's was one of the biggest club hits ever right? it's the Grammys what do you want...

In particular, Jackson was angry that he had won "only" one Grammy Award at the Grammy Awards of 1980[3] (Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"), losing the Grammy Award for Best Disco Recording to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive". He became determined to exceed everybody's expectations with his next album.

why you want a Frickin' disco award anyway. plus Gaynor's was one of the biggest club hits ever right? it's the Grammys what do you want...

The grammys in 79 isnt the same as grammy circa 1996. Besides the whole album is that shit, and ill even say there was some racism involved.

Either way.....Thriller is a revenge album.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I'm about to blow my spot, but i will forever have vivid memories of the first time i watched the video for thriller.

i was 4 yrs old, and i recall that CBS was showing it (perhaps after 60 minutes, not sure), we didn't have cable so that was probably the first music video I ever saw.

anyway, i recall it so vividly because i was hella shook at first. the opening scene with dude turning into a werewolf had me close to tears...haha. i remember watching the video behind my couch cuz i was so shook. it took my mom to be like "J*nathan, its okay, see the zombies are dancing..."

.anyway, i recall it so vividly because i was hella shook at first. the opening scene with dude turning into a werewolf had me close to tears...haha. i remember watching the video behind my couch cuz i was so shook.

I have a 33 year old friend who still cant watch or hear the song........

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    "J*nathan, its okay, see the zombies are dancing..."

Clearly, this should be your location, if it would only fit...
    Moderators, can we get a location extension so that we can actually fit cool quotes again? That would be nice. I promise not to make another SS changing request until next year!