Stones Throw in Chicago tonight

minneapminneap 541 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I know this probably isn't exactly the right place to be asking this, but is anyone comin out to the Abbey Pub tonight? J.Rocc, Guilty Simpson, Percee P, MED, Karriem Riggins. Should be a good show.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    J.Rocc, Guilty Simpson, Percee P, MED, Karriem Riggins. Should be a good show.

Are you reading the same lineup I am?

• Are you reading the same lineup I am?

damn.

I know this probably isn't exactly the right place to be asking this...

alright leave out MED and Percee, does it pass then?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Actually, J Rocc and Percee P are the ones I would see. The rest?

• Actually, J Rocc and Percee P are the ones I would see. The rest?

Caught the show in Portland a few weeks back. Peanut Butter Wolf DJ set was the highlight for me. He was VJing with old videos with the music playing through the main sound. i thought it was pretty original.

• last night's show was pretty solid. i was actually a little surprised about the whole situation. not too many hipsters, wasn't all white kids, good amount of womens (some there by themselves or in groups of womens? ), and the actual performances were better than expected. Percee P and Guilty Simpson killed it. i got to talk to Percee as he was hustlin CDs in the crowd before he went on, good guy and wasn't ass hurt when i only had five bucks to get me home. no J.Rocc unfortunately but Arabian Prince spun for 30-45 minutes before the MCs came on, dropped what he thought was some old-skool hip hop knowledge but turned out the crowd knew most of the songs anyway.

Guilty Simpson doe,

• I never saw J-Rocc DJ a set that wasn't fresh. and I've seen him do hella sets. you can have the rest of those guys though.