Shit 90s Music about Texas that aging Bikers Like

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
What is this shit?No, it's a real genre. It sounds like it's produced by the Skinemax Soft Core Library Rock Ensemble. You know thos kinda shiny guitar licks I'm talking about?And the lyrics are always something like "I'm just a drifin gypsy cowboy, making my way down to the Rio Grande." Or "Stopped in for a cold beer in Lukenbach(sp), before I hit that dusty highway" ...oh, insert "my 6 string" somewhere in that last line and that's probably a real lyric.It's not country music either... it's like 90s B-Movie OST rock music with a sentimental Texan theme.And there are live versions to where the fans sing along to the bullshit hooks... so more than just a few people are into it...Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?(it's quite possible and fortunate for you that you don't).

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i dont know but im checkin that joss stone vs leaan rimes on cmt tonight

• Skinemax Soft Core Library Rock Ensemble

= Herman Beeftink

• Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

Los Lonely Boys?

• Sounds like you're talking about the 'Western Hippie' / Hard Country thing like they play on 'The Range' (a great little radio station in a tiny building out back near the railroad tracks in the Tri-County area) http://www.khyi.com/

Bonus points if you have a 3 word name
    Robert Earl Keen
    Ray Wylie Hubbard
    Jerry Jeff Walker
    etc...

The current Stairway/Freebird of the movement is 'The Road Goes On Forever' - complete w/audience participation at all the right places!

Bring it!