Diggin' in Sacramento?

theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I'm in your area.School me.

Comments

• man this one time i was up there to see the state capitol with like GATE or some sort of nerd club thing i was in and our local politician took us all out to some chinee restaurant that all the other loser politician dudes would eat at so it was like watered down kung pao chicken with fancy silverware and me and the other asian dude in the club got into a argument about who makes the better chopsticks and i was on the side of the balsa wood joints and my dude was on the side of the lacquered chinese sticks and it got really heated and i flicked a dry pepper of the general tsaos bird thing or whatever and i guess some of the juice got in homeboys eye and he was like AYEEEE!!!! AYEEEE!!! all like immigrant asian style. anyways, apparently that shit really hurts if u get it in your eyes and i had to ride on the bus next to the teacher on the ride back home. my boy maynardo de fresno was there. i think.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    The Beat on either K or L Street has some decent vinyl, though nothing too deep. If there's a better spot, I don't really don't know it.

• There's two shops in the city. Both fairly big. One is the Beat one and I forgot the name of the other one. Sorry. Ask around and you'll find them. I didnt find anything but good luck.

Peace,

Dress

P.S. Does it make sense if the other shop is on 15th and Broadway or something?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yeah, the beat and K street (though no longer actaully on K street) are probably your best bet for looking though a lot of records... though both seem fairly hit or miss. You're bound to find something between the 2.

• There's also a record shop in Old Sacramento but it's pretty scary. Does anyone have the address for the new K Street location?

• 16th and Broadway