Office quotes

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Does anyone else keep a log of all the great quotes blurted out in your office?We just had a great one minutes ago. Listening to Rufus Thomas and then out of nowhere, my co-worker Wes sings out:CAN YOUR CHICKEN DOGGY-STYLE A ROOOOBOOOOOTand it was awesome.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    We were just talking about Schoolhouse Rock at lunch. When we got back I played them '3 is the Magic Number'. Now everybody's walking around singing while counting in threes.

• The purpose of this email is to clear my name and make a request. I have reported at least four or five clogged toilets in my fourteen months at ***(including my time as a temp). In all instances, the men who should have spoken up for these messes did not. I merely did the conscientious thing and reported them.

I see the logic in cc-ing the requestor on certain matters (e.g. light bulbs out in an office, temperature control, etc.), but can an exception be made when someone reports a mess in the bathroom? It is a little embarrassing when two or more entire departments think I eat too much fiber, use too much toilet paper or both.

Thanks,

"Reply All" email from last week.

• 'i don't work here to take days off.'

from my Frickin' douchebag nemesis about why he was coming in the day after thanksgiving.

I told him that was fine; but, as we had no cameramen or editors coming in, so he would be here alone.

he came in anyway.

to say i hate him at this point is such an understatement.

• He also said yesterday...

"This is the most exciting mid-season roster transaction that I can ever remember!"

• I sent out a mass email at work the other week and told people the email address was in the mass email list in Outlook. Someone emailed me back the following, "How do I get to Outlook? Can't seem to find it"

• At a place I used to work at, one December somebody brought in this scrawny little Christmas tree, all misshapen with bare exposed leaves. Somebody cracked that it looked like a "Charlie Brown" tree (reference to that sorry piece of arbor seen on A Charlie Brown Christmas).

We were just talking about Schoolhouse Rock at lunch. When we got back I played them '3 is the Magic Number'. Now everybody's walking around singing while counting in threes.

Anytime I've had to count in threes, from grammar school onward, I couldn't help but lapse into the hook from Schoolhouse Rock.

And here I was thinking this was gonna be about the ridiculous shit people have said on the Office teevee show. "Hey, I know this song! It's by the 'Black-Eyed Crowes'...".

• even though this isnt an office, this is damn funny among soul record nerds...shopkeep was helping me ring up a gargantuan stack of 45s for John Manship. the shop owner, not knowing it was Manship said " wow you got a lot, you must really like soul music...and you have great taste"

Oh well, it was funny to me when it happened.

• I sent out a mass email at work the other week and told people the email address was in the mass email list in Outlook. Someone emailed me back the following, "How do I get to Outlook? Can't seem to find it"

I feel your pain. When I was still in tech support, I used to instruct people to open a web browser, which was invariably replied to with...

WHAT'S A WEB BROWSER?[/b]

Now I mainly deal with ad salespeople, who are by and large the lyingest bunch of slackjaws I have EVER come across.

The kind of thing I hear all day:

"Can I still get an ad in product XYZ?"

Me: The deadline was two days ago.

"Yeah, but can I get it in?"

Me: The deadline was two days ago.

"But, but, but (insert bullshit story about how their poorly paid subordinate made some tragic mistake and this is the most important advertiser we have and blah blah blah......).

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

CAN YOUR CHICKEN DOGGY-STYLE A ROOOOBOOOOOT

Ha ha, this is almost graemlin-worthy. Or perhaps a ring-tone.

We had a quote board at my old lab, but most of the quotes are really only funny if you're a science nerd. The VP at the company I worked at before grad school was king of the malapropos, for example one time he said something was "the gravy on the cake".

• Does anyone else keep a log of all the great quotes blurted out in your office?

We just had a great one minutes ago. Listening to Rufus Thomas and then out of nowhere, my co-worker Wes sings out:

CAN YOUR CHICKEN DOGGY-STYLE A ROOOOBOOOOOT

and it was awesome.

from my boss this morning:

"what's _______ e mail, i have to send him the 2 girls and one cup video"

and

the most over used phrase that is yelled in the office/ warehouse:

"FUCK THAT GUY"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

from my boss this morning:

and

"FUCK THAT GUY"

Wow, your workplace is a lawsuit/harassment suit waiting to happen...yikes!

Used interchangeably:

"I just want to quantify this"
    "I just want to qualify this"

and then:

"No, I want to qualify, not quantify this"

and

"I know you are going to hate me, maybe not right now, but someday you are going to hate me..."

• from my boss this morning:

and

"FUCK THAT GUY"

Wow, your workplace is a lawsuit/harassment suit waiting to happen...yikes!

yeah it's quite lax and i can easily say that the envelope has been pushed many times, but no harrassment/lawsuit in the 2.5 years i've been there.

it's a great place to work

• Here are a few great ones from our one-time office partner George R. Thompson IV...

"Man, this music is making me hungry"
    (while listening to Panjabi MC)
    late 2003

"Even if you wanted to fuck a monkey, I don't think it would let you."
    April 8 2004

"The other day, I had to piss and I didn't have a bottle, so I pissed in the foil liner bag that those Pepperidge Farm cookies come in and I threw it out the window and it just exploded."
    April 8 2004

(Re: the 4 people in the Burlesque office at this time were a black dude, a half-Chinese dude, a Jewish dude, and an Italian dude)
    "It's like a god-damn Benneton ad up in here."
    April 8 2004

George (to Mike): "I didn't even know you had a sister ... Is she hot?"
    Wes: "George, do you think your daughter is gonna be hot?"
    George: "Probably!"
    April 21, 2004

"Man, when was the last time someone talked about the band "Live" for more than 30 seconds? I think we just set a new world's record."
    May 11, 2004

"Man, if you're gonna be high, you may as well be at a strip club."
    May 26, 2004

Re: a wedding I went to...
    "Mike: There were a lot of white, white, white people there."
    "George: Wait, was it like an albino wedding?"
    June 29, 2004

"If given the opportunity, if there was some socially acceptable way for a guy to dress as a slut, I guess I'd do it."
    July 2, 2004

While sending explicit photos over ichat...
    "Shall I continue the short trip down mammory lane?"
    September 24, 2004

Re: Jessica Alba...
    "I'd make a 20 ft. tall platinum statue of my cock if I ever got to bang her"
    june 6, 2005

"If god thinks that torturing me is gonna convince me to believe in him; He's sadly mistaken..."
    January 19. 2005

and regarding him trying to get me to eat my first pot brownie at Dre Day (which didn't happen):
    "Yeah, of course I'm coming back for Drizzle Dizzle. There's no way I'm gonna miss your 'coming out of the XXstraight edgeXX closet party' -having your life spiral completely out of control on pot brownies. Believe you me, I am going to be a special olympics bronze medalist by the end of the evening and you're coming with me motherfucker!"
    feb 16, 2006

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Man, I could spend some quality time with that guy!

We have some good one's around here, but two of my favourites are -

"You know, I'm really an icon to most people". Spoken by boss, who is never going to be referred to as an icon.

"This is great music - for people who know nothing about music." Said while some awful dj's were playing one of their 'creations' on the stereo.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

While sending explicit photos over ichat...
    "Shall I continue the short trip down mammory lane?"
    September 24, 2004

hahahahaha

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

As stated by my old boss back when I was consulting (with 4 PhD consultants in his office):

-"If I have to think for you, what in the hell am I paying you guys for?"

Needless to say, we scrambled back to our desks to figure out the dilemma for which we sought his advice.

Here's one from the docks of old UPS where I worked in undergrad (some shit-talk with the boss):

Me: Suck my dick, Dave.
    Dave: I don't do small jobs.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    not a quote, but a nice pic of a coworker taken by another coworker:

• Good lord!

• Ms. [insert name], could you please step into my office for a moment.

Could you get me that file out of the bottom drawer there .... no, not that one .... not that one .... oh yea, that's the one.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Good Lord Almighty.

• Good Lord Almighty.

JLR can I have your job? seriously with scenery like that how do you get any work done?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Good Lord Almighty.

JLR can I have your job? seriously with scenery like that how do you get any work done?

like I said: all day long

Methinks the classic 90's pop hip hop crossover hit

BABY
    GOT
    BACK

was written about your co-worker

That's it, I'm quitting the USA and moving to South America.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Me: "Would it be OK if I come to work in costume tomorrow for Halloween"

Boss: "Sure, what you gonna wear?"

Me: "I have the greatest costume ever.....I'll be coming as the Invisible Man"

Boss: "In that case you'll get the Invisible Paycheck"

• The other day my boss was really stressed out at the office.

Boss: Fuck, Dori! Fuck!

Me: Take a deep breath, man. I know what you need.. (I was gonna say that he needed to smoke a joint)

Boss: What, a blowjob?

Me: Uh.. no.. and don't look at me!

--

A friend of mine used to always say that he was going to "take care of some paperwork" every time he went to the bathroom to take a shit. Hilarious.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    not a quote, but a nice pic of a coworker taken by another coworker:

Pic please!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Bumping this to add today's nominee:

'All these salads at Chili's look so good!'

• "How do they know it was John Wilkes Booth that shot Lincoln? I mean, all those guys had big beards and looked alike back then."

The same guy once said regarding a fatal shooting "Yeah, he just walked right in and popped her in the head with his blog."

I think he meant Glock.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    "If god thinks that torturing me is gonna convince me to believe in him; He's sadly mistaken..."
    January 19. 2005
    This just made my day. Thank you.