MP3 REQ: DJ Black Steel - Wild Style Breakbeats

Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Who's got DJ Black Steel - The Original Wild Style Breakbeat Album?That shit is fiirrreeeee. I might break down and make the purchase up on *cough* iTunes *cough* if none of you fine gentleman (and ladies) got it in your digital expedit stacks.Hook a kid up! I'll try and slide you something dope in return.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Are you just talking about the Wild Style Instrumentals? Cuz they're still in print on vinyl... I don't know who "Black Steel" is and why he'd be getting credit for them though

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i remember there was a really cool thread from awhile back where all the different versions of the wild style album were taled about. i think this one is a bootleg of the instrumentals.

• Bootlegs can go up on iTunes though?

• this lp first came out in 91-92. I first found out about it when Hip Hop connection did a review on it and bought a copy. It's the instrumentals that were only available on limited press before this and given to the dj's to use in the movie... the vinyl pressing has the same pic cover..

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't know if that is a bootleg or not... "DJ Black Steel" sounds awfully suspicious though (unless that name is related to the movie) cuz the instrumentals were done by Chris Stein of Blondie.

There has been an official LP release (dunno about CD) available for years from Mr. Bongo I think... Labcabin has it. Wild Style Instrumentals. They also did the dbl LP version of the regular soundtrack around the same time w/the performances from the movie.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Who's got DJ Black Steel - The Original Wild Style Breakbeat Album?

That shit is fiirrreeeee. I might break down and make the purchase up on *cough* iTunes *cough* if none of you fine gentleman (and ladies) got it in your digital expedit stacks.

Hook a kid up! I'll try and slide you something dope in return.

I know which one you are talking about.. but I don't have mp3's. When I saw this I thought it was definitely a bootleg. It might be better than the Mr. Bongo one though as the Mr. Bongo instrumentals are all about 60 seconds long yet the record still costs ~$15. This one appeared to have 3-4 minute instros and maybe more tracks on it too. I can't even look at it on itunes cuz I don't have itunes installed.