OS disk for SP 1200

TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Hey anyone know where I can purchase or download an OS disk for the sp 1200. Mine was damaged. Came with my sp and never had a replacement. THANKS!!!

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Don't you copy the OS onto your session disks? When I first got my SP, I had no OS disk...I had a friend bring over a session disk with the OS on it and everything, started up the SP, loaded the session, then cleared the memory and started working on my own session. When I went to save my new session, I formatted a new floppy and copied the software onto it. So now, all of my session disks have the OS on them. Whenever I want to use the SP, I can stick in any session disk for startup, then clear the memory and go from there.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    Any SP formatted disk should have an OS on it. I no longer have an SP so I can't be much help in getting you one but I never had any special OS disk. I've seen cats that sell OS disks on ebay but dollars to donuts it's just a blank SP formatted disk.

But if you didn't just get your SP and it's been working but just all of a sudden it started asking for an OS disk even though you have a formatted disk in the drive then your floppy drive is dying/bugging and you'll need to get a new one.

• Any SP formatted disk should have an OS on it. I no longer have an SP so I can't be much help in getting you one but I never had any special OS disk. I've seen cats that sell OS disks on ebay but dollars to donuts it's just a blank SP formatted disk.

But if you didn't just get your SP and it's been working but just all of a sudden it started asking for an OS disk even though you have a formatted disk in the drive then your floppy drive is dying/bugging and you'll need to get a new one.

ouch. i tried several disks. fearing for the worst. Thanks for the input .