Groove Merchant

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I know everybody in the world has been there on the regular before, but it wasnt until this last weekend that i actually had the opportunity to dig through the place heavy. And i just wanted to say that its one of the top stores out there. I randomly saw guzzo there and chris was real cool and i went through a ton of wax! Walked away with a couple soul records that were priced very reasonably. In general i got the vibe that good music was valued in the store as opposed to being just some collectro wankfest like some other premium vinyl outlets. Probably the best little store on the west coast, and i am grateful for having it. so i just wanted to take a second and say props and give em a plug. Cant wait to get to johnny's store in nyc too.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Cant wait to get to johnny's store in nyc too.

see you there

and cosign on everything Bsides said. Been in a couple of times and always walked away with a great batch of music. Chris is totally chill, friendly and helpful. He sets up a real comfortable vibe letting people dig through the insane amount of quality he keeps holed up in there.

I already miss the bay.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Probably the best little store on the west coast, and i am grateful for having it. so i just wanted to take a second and say props and give em a plug. Cant wait to get to johnny's store in nyc too.

see you there

lol you probably will too.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Chris' store is one of the best out there, and he's one of the only dudes who is chillaxed on the trade tip. Pull 'em out, lay em on the table (no homo), if you got the heat, fair trades around.

Muchos props and thanks for the Trap Door 2, very lovely, as well as your 12" Chris...

NO TRIP TO SF IS COMPLETE WITHOUT HITTIN THE GM!

peace.

• chris was real cool

Hence the name.

BTW, Chris: got a little something for you. I'll try to swing by the store soon.

• very lovely, as well as your 12" Chris...
    AYO!!!!!!!!!! no idea he had itlike that!!!!

thats the truth. its definitely in my bay area routine

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    very lovely, as well as your 12" Chris...

hahaha!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    very lovely, as well as your 12" Chris...

NO HOMO! haha

I meant the Society Ho's 12" yo! anyone else got that shit ?

• NO TRIP TO SF IS COMPLETE WITHOUT HITTIN THE GM!

i've heard about it from some strutters. i'll be in the bay mid-Dec to check it out for the first time.

i've heard about it from some strutters. i'll be in the bay mid-Dec to check it out for the first time.

eat a ill falafel down the block

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

it's 100% killah cuts.
    rollin' up the french fries.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Chris,Vince and Josh hands down,the best folks to chill,trade,talk,learn knowledge and just all around good times!

Always very cool with the trades and product!!!

Groove Merchant Por Vida

I need to make a trip out soon!!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

that ethiopian place across the street that im forgetting the name is off of the hook.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

it's 100% killah cuts.

It's a good falafel joint though, IMO, still not Frickin' with Truly Med at 18th and Valencia. That said, if you're on the block already, either there or the sausage spot will do you just fine.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I will be in SF for a minute next week. Can a brother get a physical address?

• I will be in SF for a minute next week. Can a brother get a physical address?

haight st @ pierce

• eat a ill falafel down the block

it's 100% killah cuts.

It's a good falafel joint though, IMO, still not Frickin' with Truly Med at 18th and Valencia. That said, if you're on the block already, either there or the sausage spot will do you just fine.

I was at Rosamunde (or whatever) on Sat night. It's nice that they let you take the baskets next door to eat with your brew at Toronado....but I was once again reminded that that spot is NO TOP DOG, dawg.

• That said, if you're on the block, the sausage spot will do you just fine.
    what exactly is going on in this thread?????

• That said, if you're on the block, the sausage spot will do you just fine.

Same thing that happens with ever SF thread.

That said, if you're on the block, the sausage spot will do you just fine.

Same thing that happens with ever SF thread.

Food on the brain

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I spent about 2 hours at Rookie's and an hour at Amoeba. Can't believe I drove right past this spot.

I need to make another trip to the bay.

- spidey

I spent about 2 hours at Rookie's and an hour at Amoeba. Can't believe I drove right past this spot.

I need to make another trip to the bay.

- spidey

Hey, don't feel so bad. I lived in the Bay Area for TEN YEARS before ever stepping foot inside the GM. After that, the only way someone could stop me from going on a weekly basis was offering me a job in L.A.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Bsides,

Can I get some love on Groove Merchant's location? I'll be in San Francisco in April (2008) and in Anaheim 4 months later. I'd love to pick up some tasty treats while I'm out there.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    687 Haight

Google Map

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Good lookin', Dolla!!! San Fran heads, I'ma get at y'all when my time to arrive in San Fran grows nigh (it would help for you to tell who you are; PMs please).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

good advice. i'll definitely peep tha SF cuisine. bay area heads, any reviews on JRC?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Can someone give me a rundown on the hours?
    Little dude alert...