• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    4th quarter overload!
    overload!
    OVERLOAD!!

whats it called?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the solution

haha i love the beat to 'hustlas, haze and highways.'

• Can somebody please inbox me a link? No torrents..

• Very disappointing...

• -

• worst album yet. Beanie is on point as usual with his raps. Just some very bad ideas and concepts and beats. You shouldn't let rock guys produce your rap albums.

Just get some samples and rap over some gutter beats. Beans always gets the synth garbage. I know i'm gonna get flack from those that say rap needs growth, but honestly it doesn't. No producer or rapper has ever grown. All their best work is just plain rapping over standard rap beats........... rant over.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    worst album yet. Beanie is on point as usual with his raps. Just some very bad ideas and concepts and beats. You shouldn't let rock guys produce your rap albums.

Just get some samples and rap over some gutter beats. Beans always gets the synth garbage. I know i'm gonna get flack from those that say rap needs growth, but honestly it doesn't. No producer or rapper has ever grown. All their best work is just plain rapping over standard rap beats........... rant over.

I havent heard it yet, but basicly im with ya. Good samples? check. Crackin drums? check. Good rapping? Check. = classic rap record.

• I havent heard it yet, but basicly im with ya. Good samples? check. Crackin drums? check. Good rapping? Check. = classic rap record.

ahh since you mentioned drums you reminded me....

I listened to the jay z the wu tang and beans.. and I noticed that all the drums sound like they're from those kits you buy. Very stale. I'm no I'm really getting in hater mode hear, but a while ago i downloaded a bangingbeats.com kit i think it was, and i noticed all the drums on these album sounds just like the kits. Maybe the engineers and studios have the kits there and the producers are just grabbing them there. who knows.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this is obviously going to be set in contrast to the 'perfection' of the freeway album (i.e. banging drums + samples vs. beans conceptual ... eccentricity). I don't think this is any worse than free, tho. if you can deal w/ music not fitting an extremely narrow niche about what makes good rap. altho lol about me arguing that on soulstrut.

lyrically, beans is on point front to back.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    beans takes way more risks than free does. nothing is as unique as 'hustlas haze and highways'

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    worst album yet. Beanie is on point as usual with his raps. Just some very bad ideas and concepts and beats. You shouldn't let rock guys produce your rap albums.

This is gold.

Samples, yo.

• No one's yet mentioned the fact that Ozzy Ozbourne is featured on this record...

• worst album yet. Beanie is on point as usual with his raps. Just some very bad ideas and concepts and beats. You shouldn't let rock guys produce your rap albums.

Yo beanie did some shit with R. Piss on a child Kelly.

Total

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Bump for the fact that after my initital listen left me cold I've actually warmed to this album a lot over the past week or so. Now I've got adjusted to the style of production I'm finding myself enjoying the album more and more.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Good one!

b/w

Old heads need to go back to their office jobs...

• Good one!

b/w

Old heads need to go back to their office jobs...

I'm about to go to sleep dawgs...

I ride

• I ride

Is it what's cool to be?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    No one's yet mentioned the fact that Ozzy Ozbourne is featured on this record...

Seems to be just a sample, but that track is ill.

I ride

Is it what's cool to be?

You're really asking somebody that looks like Elton John's personal assistant?

• I ride

Is it what's cool to be?

You're really asking somebody that looks like Elton John's personal assistant?

You might as well come all the way out the closet homeboy.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Very, very disappointing...

• Album is pretty much unlistenable. I don' even know why Def Jam put this out.

• Beanie Sigel-Needs a solution and that solution is this cat:

The lyrics are crazy the production
    Freeway is what Beanie used to be.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm feeling the Beans. Shit isn't as good as any of his last records and it's nowhere near "Free At Last" but I dig that shit.