New Radiohead????

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
this is great! who is feelin it? copped for a dollar!

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    go listen to freeway.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    this is great! who is feelin it? copped for a dollar!

A dollar? It was free online. Go listen to Freeway!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Album of the year.

• Album of the year.

for sure. the music great, for sure, but the statement they're making toward the industry is what's real dope.

• someone else played this for me, and i felt like old people feel when they listen to rap music, i kept wanting to ask the person who was playing me the CD "do you understand anything he is saying" I can follow D'angelo, Kurt Cobain, Fela Kuti, Kool G. Rapp...but i have no idea WTF Tom York is saying.

• Track 7 is

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Album of the year.

The dude said, "I'm an animal/ Trapped in your hot car..."

The whole thing is so solid, and the enigneering is impeccably adventurous. Not your typical studio album.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    the enigneering is impeccably adventurous

and you can tell this by just listening to 160 kbps mp3s?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    impeccably adventurous

What does this even mean?

It's basically an oxymoron - "flawlessly adventurous?"

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    "baroquely adventurous"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    "baroquely adventurous"

JLR De regresso

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    the enigneering is impeccably adventurous

and you can tell this by just listening to 160 kbps mp3s?

Yeah, because regardless of how things work on your side of the equator, up here, even if something is a 160kbps mp3 you can still tell when they were using an approach that goes beyond 'point the mic at the instrument'. Engineering has more to it than encoding rates. On one of the songs they played the track back through a speaker that was lowered into a well and recorded the reverb.

SOI, I don't think that you know what oxymoron means, because the words impeccably, and adventurous are not antonyms. Impeccably=without flaw adventurous=without sticking to the tried and true. Thus, something that is impeccably adventurous is employing non-traditional means, and producing flawless results.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    impeccably adventurous

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    At least constrain the image properly.

b/w

Have you heard the record?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

SOI, I don't think that you know what oxymoron means, because the words impeccably, and adventurous are not antonyms. Impeccably=without flaw adventurous=without sticking to the tried and true. Thus, something that is impeccably adventurous is employing non-traditional means, and producing flawless results.

Of course I know what an oxymoron is, you terd burglar.

Beyond the fact that it's a lousy expression either way,
    to get the definition you give above, it would have to be
    "adventurously impeccable" ... "impeccably adventurous"
    just doesn't make any sense at all.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Yeah, because regardless of how things work on your side of the equator, up here, even if something is a 160kbps mp3 you can still tell when they were using an approach that goes beyond 'point the mic at the instrument'.

what difference that it make what side of the equator I'm in?

It seems you run out of bullshit to back up your previous impeccably adventurous bullshit, so you decided to attack me instead of my argument. I'm deeply offended by your comment.

And SOI is right. You are wrong.

I'm listening to a 128 kpbs mp3 of Michael Bolton, I can totally hear when he's breathing between words, it's so Frickin' beautiful.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

to get the definition you give above, it would have to

I don't think I've taken any of your terds, but I extend my sincere condolenences to you if someone has. The notion that the phrase 'impeccably adventurous' "doesn't make any sense at all" is contrary to the entire project of semantics, but if you want to undertake the dispersion of meaning, then by all means go for it. I'm a rapper, what can I say? I like wordplay (ooohh, that rhymed). I fold, because I think that the record in question is far more interesting than this discussion.

JLR, your croissants are ready. I've garnished them with cherry tomatoes.

Countdown to Faux Rillz comment:

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

well, that would be an impeccable adventurous haute cuisine move

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i love when the mack starts a topic thats been discussed several times, gives one vague opinion then never comes back to the discussion.

ultimate move.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i love when the mack starts a topic thats been discussed several times, gives one vague opinion then never comes back to the discussion.

ultimate move.

this thread is kind of funny...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    anyone catch the Thumbs Down webcast a few weeks back? featured some DJ sets and a cover version of the Smiths -'Headmaster Ritual' amongst other things.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

to get the definition you give above, it would have to

I don't think I've taken any of your terds, but I extend my sincere condolenences to you if someone has. The notion that the phrase 'impeccably adventurous' "doesn't make any sense at all" is contrary to the entire project of semantics, but if you want to undertake the dispersion of meaning, then by all means go for it. I'm a rapper, what can I say? I like wordplay (ooohh, that rhymed). I fold, because I think that the record in question is far more interesting than this discussion.

Countdown to Faux Rillz comment:

I definitely think the engineering is adventerous. It was all mixed by spike stent who is extremely ill and mixed shit like massive attack and depeche mode and shit so they did it right there.

But i think the way that they really played with digital distortion was pretty cool. Like how sometimes the music sounds like a cd i found under the passenger seat of my car covered in goo but the vocals will be pristine and clear.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    impeccably adventurous

Is that an otter on the side?

I need to know.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    impeccably adventurous.

PREDICTABLY adventurous is more like it

• adventerous otters and all that, but I need to know if anyone is copping the "Discbox" Vinyl/2CD/Book.

Honestly, it looks like they did it right with this but ??40 is no joke.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The notion that the phrase 'impeccably adventurous' "doesn't make any sense at all" is contrary to the entire project of semantics, but if you want to undertake the dispersion of meaning, then by all means go for it.

Tell us more about this "semantics project"

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    adventerous otters and all that, but I need to know if anyone is copping the "Discbox" Vinyl/2CD/Book.

boxset showed up yesterday- it includes:

2- 45RPM 12" records, which contain the tracks that were already available through their website
    2- CD set- One is the ten tracks that were already available, one is eight additional tracks, (which are floating around online)
    a large format softcover booklet, contains artwork
    a smaller (think 2 cd jewel cases tall) booklet containing more art, lyrics, album credits, etc.
    All are contained in a large, LP size hardcover book, about 1.5" thick, which has a cardboard slip case

the packaging for this is really on point. it is very nicely designed, and took the international voyage fairly well. It looks like a monster in with the rest of my collection. The large book is rather useless, lots of "illuminated splatter paint" art, not much else. nice fonts.
    the second disc w/ the previously unavailable tracks is definitely the highlight, it really makes "in rainbows" sound like a complete album, and I can finally replace that 160kb/sec downloaded "in rainbows" w/ a 256k version on my hard drive.

anybody else get this thing?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    adventerous otters and all that, but I need to know if anyone is copping the "Discbox" Vinyl/2CD/Book.

boxset showed up yesterday- it includes:

2- 45RPM 12" records, which contain the tracks that were already available through their website
    2- CD set- One is the ten tracks that were already available, one is eight additional tracks, (which are floating around online)
    a large format softcover booklet, contains artwork
    a smaller (think 2 cd jewel cases tall) booklet containing more art, lyrics, album credits, etc.
    All are contained in a large, LP size hardcover book, about 1.5" thick, which has a cardboard slip case

the packaging for this is really on point. it is very nicely designed, and took the international voyage fairly well. It looks like a monster in with the rest of my collection. The large book is rather useless, lots of "illuminated splatter paint" art, not much else. nice fonts.
    the second disc w/ the previously unavailable tracks is definitely the highlight, it really makes "in rainbows" sound like a complete album, and I can finally replace that 160kb/sec downloaded "in rainbows" w/ a 256k version on my hard drive.

anybody else get this thing?

oh, so theres 8 more songs? Hopefully some more uptempo stuff?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yeah. "bangers + mash", and "down is the new up" are on the up side, for radiohead they are...
    it's only 26 minutes worth of music, but when listened to w/ the other 10 tracks that were available, it seems like more of a "complete" album, which I thought the first ten tracks on their own lacked.

i did a quick google search and found this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYGTQ3NR
    if you're interested in hearing the new stuff, (although I haven't downloaded from that link, and the description "MY PHOTOS1!" may be a joke, or it may not.)

• I think I might just cop the regular vinyl release rather than the box set. I wish they would include the extra tracks on the regular vinyl version