Kanye breaks down crying during a show

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    damn. I never thought I'd say it, but I truly feel sorry for him.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

poor dude, i thought he'd take a break from touring....

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    regardless of what i think of the gentleman, i feel for the dude. the guy makes more cash than i'l ever see, but all i see watching that video, is a man doing a 9-5, being told to put on a brave face, and treat the world like nothings happened to u. mother-son connection is what makes you. it fuckin sucks that your grief ends up being a youtube video.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    irony of it all is that if he never "made it' this never would have happened

sucks

• I really feel for the guy. I just wonder when someone will raise the question of whether Kanye West's high fashion, image concious message contributed to his mothers want to get plastic surgery, and ultimately her death. Im not saying or even implying that this was his fault. I empathize with anyone who experiences death in their family... I just would really hate to see my mother die in a plastic surgery related death, while I was busy flaunting cosmetically enhanced women in my music videos.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

sucks

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

sucks
    what kind of retarded shit is this?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    it fuckin sucks that your grief ends up being a youtube video.

seriously. I would bet that he is doing anything to keep his mind off the fact that he has lost his mother. I would probably keep touring too. Not like sitting at home is going to change the facts, but dude will have to really stop and grieve at some point, but I can't blame him for trying to keep moving. Loss like this has one's head in a million directions at once, and everyone handles it differently. I think it's healthy to be reminded that no one is exempt from the pain that Kanye is going through, money won't change it, a million adoring fans won't help it....my heart goes out to him and his family.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

sucks

dear soulstrut brain surgeons
    chances are she wouldn't have dropped money on plastic surgery

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

sucks

what the fuck does that matter? she's dead. we don't need your oh so bright analysis on whatever the fuck reasons you think she died.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This feels a tad the James Brown "Please Please Please" cape routine, although I have little doubt that it's 100% real.

Rappers are human, after all. I'm sure that the respective YouTube comment board is being spammed by 50's most cro-magnon supporters, who are tossing out derogatory terms relating to the alleged limp-wristedness of Mr. West. But I'm not going to find out.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This feels a tad the James Brown "Please Please Please" cape routine, although I have little doubt that it's 100% real.

I don't think he would (or need to) exploit his mothers death.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

sucks

what the fuck does that matter? she's dead. we don't need your
    oh so bright analysis on whatever the fuck reasons you think she died.

Seriously.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

wow.
    so you are the guys that make those comments on youtube pages.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I don't think he would (or need to) exploit his mothers death.

No. I agree. I'm just saying - shades of.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

wow.
    so you are the guys that make those comments on youtube pages.

Jesus. Don't misread me here. I support Kanye 100% on this. I do not at all believe it's staged - it's a dramatic, (climactic?) moment in a man's life that recalls one of the classic James Brown - probably my favorite artist ever - images. Fuck all Kanye doubters as far as this is concerned.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

sucks

what the fuck does that matter? she's dead. we don't need your
    oh so bright analysis on whatever the fuck reasons you think she died.

DEAREST RAGGING CUNTARD/AKA BRAIN FULL OF
    TERDS

we here at soulstrut all are fully aware of the UN-REMOVEABLE large flesh colored plastic fist that is stuck up your ass

we know you are in pain and the pills haven't helped much

There isn't much else we can do for you except recognize that you are a bitch in immediate need of Pimp-slapping

Carry on Wayward Son

• I remember when my mom died I DJ'd that week. It was the worst thing ever but I had to because I depended on the money. I nearly broke down but I held it together and didn't cry. I looked miserable, though. It's fucked up because an artist feels like he has an obligation to come through for the fans, when you really need to take time to mourne and figure out how to look people in the eye again.

Ruff stuff, don't think I'll watch the vid. I'll give dude his space.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    who would have thought kala would be the one to post animated gifs of a cartoon character shitting on himself in a thread about someone's mom dying?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    who would have thought kala would be the one to post animated gifs of a cartoon character shitting on himself in a thread about someone's mom dying?

I sure didn't blink.

What was that string of pictoral animus about?

• It fuckin sucks that your grief ends up being a youtube video.

x 10,000

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

AT LEAST I AM GLAD I HIT A NERVE

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

congrats on being a douchebag? i'm done with this thread.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

bye bye fucko
    don't let the door crush you etc

• I think he should stop touring. There is something really uncomfortable and wrong about him having a breakdown in front of all those people and them screaming and cheering while holding up lighters. It's even worse that a cell phone video of the whole event is being watched by millions. I kind of felt like a jerk watching that. It sucks that he's going through probably the worst pain in his life and people are "woot"ing and chanting his name.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

bye bye fucko
    don't let the door crush you etc

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post992071

Dear Kala,

A few people already beat you to expressing the NAGL aspects of their personalities, so today, not only are you without a shred of class, you are unoriginal as well.

I'm sensing some real cry for help from you kala with regards to attention seeking. Of course you could get a rise out of, or as you put it, "hit a nerve" in someone by being incredibly disrespectful within a the context of a thread where someone's Mom dies. That, my friend, is not f#cking brain surgery. Get it?

Just think twice before you speak. Please.

~gNAT

• I think he should stop touring. There is something really uncomfortable and wrong about him having a breakdown in front of all those people and them screaming and cheering while holding up lighters. It's even worse that a cell phone video of the whole event is being watched by millions. I kind of felt like a jerk watching that. It sucks that he's going through probably the worst pain in his life and people are "woot"ing and chanting his name.

I don't know that he should stop touring. I can't speak for Kanye but for a lot of people just doing something to occupy the time helps keep their mind off the grief. Just maybe, y'know, he might not want to do the song about his mom for a while since that's obviously going to trigger a lot of feelings in him.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I think he should stop touring. There is something really uncomfortable and wrong about him having a breakdown in front of all those people and them screaming and cheering while holding up lighters. It's even worse that a cell phone video of the whole event is being watched by millions. I kind of felt like a jerk watching that. It sucks that he's going through probably the worst pain in his life and people are "woot"ing and chanting his name.

I don't know that he should stop touring. I can't speak for Kanye but for a lot of people just doing something to occupy the time helps keep their mind off the grief. Just maybe, y'know, he might not want to do the song about his mom for a while since that's obviously going to trigger a lot of feelings in him.

I'm not sure that most of the people immediately knew what was going on. I'm guessing that most of the cheers from folks who did were merely voicing their support for the man and his music at this difficult time. It would have been more awkward if everyone had just clammed up and/or whispered.

There's nothing wrong with a public breakdown. It's human. I respect Kanye more for this.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    fuck it.

someone just give kala the ban please.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    wow....people use R.I.P. all the time, but do they really know what it means?

My heart is out to him, and my heart dropped when I heard the news because I know how much she meant to him.

I don't understand why people make this about them or how they feel...please drop it and show some respect.

My love, my POSITIVE thoughts go out to the West Family. This is sincerely sad, and I wish him the best...

Cos, whats that diamonds quote you say? It's so perfect...especially in my personal life right now. I should remember it, but head hasn't been here lately cause of some shit.