that new freeway

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That Rick Ross shit is wack

• yeah jake that beat is insane, you are on your way to becoming the next big producer.

btw that track with 50 is a sore thumb on the record. i understand that it's got a chance at raidio play (and nothing would be better than free selling millions) but i guarentee had 50 not been on the track theirs no way free would of let that shit make the cut. i'll give another chance to "stil got love" and the track w/ rick ross, but on first play i wasn't feelin' em'.

peace,xavier

thanks hommie, I'm just tryin to stay consistent and keep getting on good projects. I agree with Faux on the 50 record, would have had a chance in 2004 but at this point the style is burnt out.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Second favorite track, not to be slept on, Reppin' The Streets. Classic Free.

• Whats the deal w/ cats sayin Blaze & Kanye arent on this project?

he says it right on the track. sorta puts them on blast as well.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the hook is v. rough

• I wonder why "Transport" or that Marvin Gaye "Sanctified"-sampling song weren't on here?

BTW, I love it when dude rhymes in the FOIL method:

[i][color:green]30 mil in the bank, [color:purple]30 grand on the wrist an' 20 more in the Swiss an' [color:green]30 birds in the tank[/color]

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Easily THE rap album of the year for me.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    the hook is v. rough

the Beardsley twins.

how bad is that 50 track though? ruins the flow of the LP for me.

• Easily THE rap album of the year for me.

what else is there? every year hip-hop full-lengths are worse and worse or am i just ?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    how bad is that 50 track though? ruins the flow of the LP for me.

I like that track...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

what else is there? every year hip-hop full-lengths are worse and worse or am i just ?
    disconnected

• Easily THE rap album of the year for me.

disconnected

care to educate? what have i missed in 04-07?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    care to educate? what have i missed in 04-07?

What's your take on GhostFace - Fishscale?

• care to educate? what have i missed in 04-07?

good, but i liked Pretty Tony better...i might have liked bulletproof wallets better.

Cant put my finger on it- but something is a little off with the recent ghostface output for me - might just be tired of him a little. Still has classics (ironman,supreme clientele) and is an incredible rapper.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    finally sat down and listened. gotta say its one of the best of the year. i DO like that 50 track more than "big spender". that beat leaves a lot to be desired, but i guess thats part of "radio" tracks' formula. i think its great how he comments on not getting beats from just or 'ye. wonder what happened?
    i might drop the 50 joint at the strippy tonight.

that "cry" song is RIDICULOUS!! that fuckin beat is bananas.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    I LOVE HIP-HOP

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Mad I missed his album signing when this dropped on Tuesday. It was right up the block from Temple, my grad school alma mater, too.

Hopefully he makes a local live appearance soon. I might have to step out for that.

• care to educate? what have i missed in 04-07?

good, but i liked Pretty Tony better...i might have liked bulletproof wallets better.

Cant put my finger on it- but something is a little off with the recent ghostface output for me - might just be tired of him a little. Still has classics (ironman,supreme clientele) and is an incredible rapper.

Probably has something to do with the fact that Fishscale, More Fish, Fish III, and Return of the Fish: Final Conflict have had nothing to do with RZA and half the beats on them were recycled last year's DOOM and dilla we've already heard.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts