online gambling

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Any of yall do it? A guy came into our shop yesterday talkin about how he made 37K this past 2 months on Bodogs gambling site. He said they send him checks. Do you call bullshit? Or is this real? I wouldn't mind betting a few bucks on tommorrow nights UFC.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I know some people that make serious money playing poker. But they all tend to inflate the amount they make, and yeah they'll tell you they made 10K last month, but are less likely to tell you about the 5K they blew the next day.

People who do it for a living have to be very honest with themselves about it to really make money long term.

But from what I know there really are legit sites and bodog's a pretty big name, so I'd guess their straight.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I know some people that make serious money playing poker. But they all tend to inflate the amount they make, and yeah they'll tell you they made 10K last month, but are less likely to tell you about the 5K they blew the next day.

People who do it for a living have to be very honest with themselves about it to really make money long term.

But from what I know there really are legit sites and bodog's a pretty big name, so I'd guess their straight.

yeah I'm positive he was talkin way higher than he actually made, but still, even an extra 1000 a month would be fine with me.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    also, if its basically illegal to run this website within the US... would it be illegal to receive the money if you're getting a check cut from these overseas companies?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i'm on bodog, got a check in the mail like a month ago, currently going through a downswing in poker and sports betting (as if theres upswings in sports betting...)

but yes, bodog is legit