Wyclef v. Will I Am

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I say Will I Am. He is more club compliant.

Comments

• I say Will I Am. He is more club compliant.

Is this a "who is more annoying thread."
    Then they both win

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Is this a "who is more annoying thread."
    Then they both win

It can be whatever you want it to be.

I would take Will I Am. Some of his production, including some of those songs on Timberlake's last album, are pretty:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Please...Wyclef all the way.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Did Clef produce a lot of Carnival? Just wondering... pretty equal to me...

• Please...Wyclef all the way.

BUT WAIT I HEARD WILL I AM IS 1/4 HAITIAN...DOES THAT CHANGE THE EQUATION FOR YOU?

Please...Wyclef all the way.

BUT WAIT I HEARD WILL I AM IS 1/4 HAITIAN...DOES THAT CHANGE THE EQUATION FOR YOU?

Yeah, it's just that Wyclef is Haitian and not that he is Haitian and has Haitians that feel that he reps for them.

Just agree to be and move on with your incessant pseudo-clever contrarian white-but-I'm-really-not-a-blockhead-jock bullshit.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Looks like all three of the Fugees got executive producer status on that record.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    the will.i.am/snoop/too-short track he produced was pretty Frickin' banging.

http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/play-audio.php?rid=86502&path=too_short_snoop_will_i_am-ke

i can't recall the last time i heard a wyclef track and thought it was banging.

• Yeah, it's just that Wyclef is Haitian and not that he is Haitian and has Haitians that feel that he reps for them.

you nonetheless admit that you judge Wyclef on the basis of something entirely unrelated to his beat-making talents. ok, glad we cleared that up.

now back to Will.I.Am vs. Wyclef...

http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/play-audio.php?rid=86502&path=too_short_snoop_will_i_am-ke

T.I.'s You KNow What It Is as a song was pretty decently bangin', no?

Yeah, it's just that Wyclef is Haitian and not that he is Haitian and has Haitians that feel that he reps for them.

you nonetheless admit that you judge Wyclef on the basis of something entirely unrelated to his beat-making talents. ok, glad we cleared that up.

Let's see, is Wyclef more than just a beatmaker? Yes, of course he is.

But thanks for trying to force your narrow parameters on me there, whitest dude in America.

Seriously, I'm white too...so I know full well how each of us needs to quit sticking our noses into any discussion, just so that we can correct others on the proper parameters, conditions, etiquette, whatever we come up with so as not to value what's being said without our stupid over-important involvment.

I've been known to do this from time to time and I've been trying to stop...yet Rootless, you have to be the worst case I've ever seen. So from one white dude to another, plaese to gain some self-awareness and get a grip already.

Now, back to Wyclef versus the Volcano.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I'm totally feelin' that. If there's more new rap of this quality out there (on the club tip), I'm down to hear it. Color me By the way, I have no idea who wins the Wyclef vs. Will.I.Am competition.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Wyclef

• plaese to gain some self-awareness and get a grip already.

the irony is astounding.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Depends if you're talking overall career or right now? 'Clef has a more illustrious career, but last couple years Will's been killing it. The justin track, he had that track for Game i was feeling.

I heard some good shit about his album, can anyone confirm?

• the will.i.am/snoop/too-short track he produced was pretty Frickin' banging.

I'm totally feelin' that. If there's more new rap of this quality out there (on the club tip), I'm down to hear it. Color me

• But thanks for trying to force your narrow parameters on me there, whitest dude in America.

Seriously, I'm white too...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wyclef.....for giving Destiny's Child Street Cred & a Club Banger w/ NO NO NO.

And Wyclef has club bangers as well.

This is a very good versus. I like Will's production on the first album.

• This is a very good versus.

I agree. both are annoying, but both have some heat, too.

and both had/have dreads.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

This is a very good versus.

I agree. both are annoying, but both have some heat, too.

and both had/have dreads.

Similar appeal.....Post Hip Hop.......

Does Will have a Carnival under his belt? I heard that that BBC album was alright.

Will is the better MC IMO.

• Does Will have a Carnival under his belt? I heard that that BBC album was alright.

the BBE[/b] album was his best work IMO.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Does Will have a Carnival under his belt? I heard that that BBC album was alright.

the First[/b] BBEalbum was his best work IMO.

the BBE[/b] album was his best work IMO.

Production & Lyrics?

• West Coast

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Clef was good, but he can't hang anymore...he lost it over the years. Will is more up-coming than Clef. His music sounds more "accurate". With that said, i don't bump any of these dudes in my player. Pretty boring female/booty talk...

• wyclef never appealed to me and it seems commonly agreed that they are both annoying. however, will i am has some hard ass beats! i would take him over wyclef in a second.

got a promo of will's album though. pretty wack. i was expecting some heaterific beats all the way though and pretty much got one or two that are listenable.

West Coast

Quick, somebody the cops...dude is considering things beyond just their beatmaking abilities alone.

His music sounds more "accurate".

Could you clarify "accurate" pleez?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    in touch with the era...