ebay ban?

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
i thought the listing fees and ebay tax were automaticaly deducted?? i have to send them checks now???![/b]Dear tripl-----:You are late in paying your eBay fees of $56.59 and your account for user tripl----- is past due. These fees result from listing items on eBay or using related services (ID verify, Stores, etc). This account has been restricted and you will not be able to bid or list on eBay. To avoid further collections please pay your fees today by following these steps:1. Log on to http://www.ebay.com2. Click 'Site Map' at the top of the page3. In the 'My Selling Account' section, click 'Make a Single Payment'. Sign in if requested4. Select a method to pay your eBay fees and follow the online instructions on pageIf you do not have access to your account or prefer not to pay online, please mail your payment with your payment coupon and clearly state your account ID E-----600- on the check with a copy of this notice to:eBay, Inc.P.O. Box 2179Carol Stream, IL 60132-2179United StatesIf we do not receive your payment, your account may be suspended and additional collections remedies may be used to bring this account to current. All current listings will be ended and you will no longer be part of the eBay community.If this past due balance is the only reason for restricting your account, it will be reopened for bidding and listing when your full payment is received. Your account will continue to be charged a late payment finance charge of up to 1.5% of your past due amount.If you have already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message.Thank you,eBay Global Collections

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    you don't have it linked to a credit card?

• it always has been
    never paid no shit lke this in the past

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    check the return address on the email from ebay, maybe a hoax or scam.

check in with ebay just to make sure they have an updated credit card... maybe you didn't update or something got messed up.

May the force be with you, e-hustla.

• thats the exact message i got, but theres an alert saying the same thing when i goto my ebay
    of course they dont respond to emails or have anyone to pick up a phone and answer questions

• Did you log into ebay via a link in the email?

• nope

so it might be legit,eh?

• nope

so it might be legit,eh?

Well I didn't think you'd be dumb enough to use a link from an email but I thought I'd ask anyway. If your ebay account backs up the email then I guess it's real. I was Googling around and found this though.

http://blogs.ebay.co.uk/unclecharlie2nd

I'd make sure you definitely owe them the money.

• trip what number are you dialing? I got through to them in about 3 mins on sunday morning.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    thats the exact message i got, but theres an alert saying the same thing when i goto my ebay
    of course they dont respond to emails or have anyone to pick up a phone and answer questions

Verify that the credit card you have on file with them hasn't expired.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I got somewhat the same email a few months back.
    Figured it was a scam and promptly deleted it.
    Later logged into eBay and saw an alert, checked all my info (CC was not expiring anytime soon, same #, etc) and could not find anything wrong.
    Couldn't get any info/help anywhere but then a day later everything was fine with no changes made by myself.
    Still can't call it. Glitch?
    I'd still try to get into contact with someone though.

• thats what i'm talking about

except my shit hasnt gone away yet

time to put on the sherlock holmes hat

• had the same thing happen to me...but, this was years ago...Frickin' ebay! fix your shit....