most you've sold one record for?

Comments

• i sold my Three Pieces "vibes of truth" reocrd i got at a car boot sale for ??15 recently because it was really boring.

What does that equal out to in US? I cant remember what I got for mine, but I think it was under $50.

For the life of me I cant remember which 12" I sold years ago for $300 or so(probably the most ive gotten that I can recall). I think it may have been Rhythm Makers - Zone or some shit. It was a popular Loft type joint..but forgot which one.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $1710

• Three Pieces "vibes of truth"

i like this record. "i need you girl" is my jam.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    $100 for the Juggaknots ep on Fondle Em.

damn, isnt that hhigh?

Oh hell yeah, but it was when Fondle Em was going for $$$ and that plus Siah/Yeshua were the ones people wanted. I had 2 so I let one go. Then it got re-released a few years after, and I've lost track of the price by now.

A few of those early Fondle 'Em releases go for loot. The original pressing of the Cenubites LP is a good seller.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i sold my copy of Operation Doomsday fer over $125

• $100 for the Juggaknots ep on Fondle Em.

damn, isnt that hhigh?

Oh hell yeah, but it was when Fondle Em was going for $$$ and that plus Siah/Yeshua were the ones people wanted. I had 2 so I let one go. Then it got re-released a few years after, and I've lost track of the price by now.

A few of those early Fondle 'Em releases go for loot. The original pressing of the Cenubites LP is a good seller.

I unloaded all my Fondle 'Em, Rawkus,etc shit about 5 or so years ago. Shit was selling pretty good then for decent prices. Is the stuff fetching higher prices now?

• offhand, I remember selling a 45 for $1,200 another for $900

most impressive was a piece of shit yoga record...which fetched $500...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

But damn, $8000 for a soul 45?! Plaese to tell what one.

The Magnetics on Bonnie.

On ebay: $4000+

Privately: $3000 (twice)

• mr. magic 45 $600

Kathleen Emery - motherless child 45 $480

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive had multiple $1000/2000+ items but my favorite is $800 for two copies of the slurp 45.

• $1400

ive had multiple $1000/2000+ items but my favorite is $800 for two copies of the slurp 45.

Hahahaha! OM told me about that. Classic comedy.

• I traded a copy of Lyn Christopher for a 1/2 ounce of weed. I don't sell my records that often.

• $1200 for the Cobra Emcees 12"..

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I traded a copy of Lyn Christopher for a 1/2 ounce of weed. I don't sell my records that often.

kush?

• who are these guys that buy records for thousands of dollars?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    who are these guys that buy records for thousands of dollars?

BRITISH!

you know the one thing that i dont get is folks who buy collectibles and question how absurd it is to buy old vinyl records for $1000-5000-10,000+. were on the low end scale of collectibles. really compared to a lot of collectibles on ebay, vinyl records arent that expensive. it seems like it sometimes but im just as surprised when i see rare book dealers or shit even stuff like beanie babies. those still make money and you can only look at them. i guess you could play with them but im not sure how toy/doll collectors get down. anyway, just saying... paying huge sums of money for a unique piece where you may be one of 5 or 10 people to own one... or shit, be the only owner of a record. whats that worth?... only as much as the next man is willing to pay for it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    im not sure how toy/doll collectors get down.

i guess you could play with them but im not sure how toy/doll collectors get down.

I don't think I want to know the answer to this...

Record collecting is on a different plane of existence than all other forms of collecting shit, most of which suck.

jeff you disturb me sometimes... entertaining yes... but disturbing.

• no, i hear you -- believe me, if i could spend thousands, i would (although i can't think of too many thousand dollar records i want,,, maybe braen's machine). what i was really trying to get at is whether there is a profile for these consumers. i mean is it matt dillon? or is it some crusty dude maxing out his credit card?

oh and that wasnt directed at you homie. but i see folks write stuff like that on other msgbds and i was just commenting.

some folks will come to a record show with $1000 in their pocket and walk away with 200 or so records. therell be others there that walk away with 20. still others will walk away with 10. theres always someone though who will be all smiles after dropping his wad on a single piece or two. doesnt matter if dudes a meter maid or a doctor. it all just matters on how comfortable you feel with dropping all your money on a single piece that youll be able to go home and listen to. just sayin, anyone could do it but many dont have that much desire for a single piece or feel okay with a reissue or a comp or these days an mp3. real collectors dont see dollar signs they only see gaps in their collection.

• ive had multiple $1000/2000+ items but my favorite is $800 for two copies of the slurp 45.

Hahahaha! OM told me about that. Classic comedy.

wasnt one of these for $500? I remember you sold one for around that...that was what had my head spinning....ahh the old days...when ebay was kinda tough to work with...but, worked....and paypal was a shit stain in someone's drawers...soon to be examined and spread amongst the innerworkings of ebay...almost melding with it...and yet...somehow not it (seems they get to pick and choose when they are affiliated or not)...that shit is like cold-fusion...I don't get it...

• real collectros dont see dollar signs they only see gaps in their collection.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/1968-Star-Trek-Dome-...1QQcmdZViewItem

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

That is nearly 5 WIZARDS!

That is nearly 5 WIZARDS!

• sold a local doo wop 45 by the wisdoms - lost in dreams/two hearts make one love 45 on gaity for a little over $600, wish i would've kept it