Toronto peoples: Mingering Mike show

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Are you there?

• Mingering Mike (Washington, DC) created a series of fictional record companies, the names of which served as content carriers among the other signs on the LP records he handmade. His cover illustrations often feature drawings of rifles, hand guns, and various forms of contraband. They demonstrate the choices being made by Mike and other African-Americans in Washington, D.C. during the 1960s and 70s about the war in Vietnam, armed street crime, and drug use.

WTF? Who wrote this?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Mingering Mike (Washington, DC) created a series of fictional record companies, the names of which served as content carriers among the other signs on the LP records he handmade. His cover illustrations often feature drawings of rifles, hand guns, and various forms of contraband. They demonstrate the choices being made by Mike and other African-Americans in Washington, D.C. during the 1960s and 70s about the war in Vietnam, armed street crime, and drug use.

WTF? Who wrote this?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Mingering Mike (Washington, DC) created a series of fictional record companies, the names of which served as content carriers among the other signs on the LP records he handmade. His cover illustrations often feature drawings of rifles, hand guns, and various forms of contraband. They demonstrate the choices being made by Mike and other African-Americans in Washington, D.C. during the 1960s and 70s about the war in Vietnam, armed street crime, and drug use.

WTF? Who wrote this?

Goddamn Canadians and their gun fetishes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I just called the gallery and asked - the curator wrote it.

Barbara Fischer
    Director/Curator, contact 416-978-2453, [email]barbara.fischer@utoronto.ca[/email]

• Woah, I didn't even read that shit. Bizarre. I'll have to make a call about that..

Nope, Mike and I aren't out there. Wish we were!

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    how many albums are showing?

• Just 12 album covers in this show.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Goddamn Americans[/b] and their gun fetishes.

and I'm american.