More Paypal MADNESS

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
So now since yesterday the Paypal account connected to my last weeks auctions is suddenly "limited". This means no-receiving payments-sending or requesting money-withdrawing moneyLuckily I withdraw most of it before yesterday, but there's still some $300 in there and one winner who hadn't paid.They're asking for what they call a "proof of inventory". Basically what they want is the original bills for all the big money records I sold. Now how absurd is that? My friend Pablo already mailed them the photos as well as the sound clips, no help. What's the SS advice on this? I've got like 5 records to send, should I get them out or should I hold on until this bullshit is cleared?And more importantly, as a seller, why should I ever fuck with Paypal again?S."Subject: Request for Additional Information on Case PP-366-054-432>> We're sorry, but your account access limitation cannot be lifted at > this> time. We need more information about your account before we can > restore> full access to your account. Please complete the steps below so > that we may> review your account further:>> - Submit copies of the original bills of sale or invoices > referencing your> purchase or acquisition of the items you are selling along with the > name> and telephone number of your supplier(s) for the following > transactions:>> 68G444360U890634K> 3XD51723C14100921> 8L345642TN5947704> 67673362J12311134> 8YP94642AX804243X> 1JK47479F3825291Y> 4UG73609VP311511A> 32C70212FY347612W> 4D96242757786570U> 9MU5447405235305M>> You can upload the information requested or fax it to us. To begin, > visit> the Resolution Center and click Resolve under Steps to Remove> Limitation.>> If you are faxing information, you must use the cover page provided by> PayPal. The cover page contains information specific to you and > using it> ensures that your documents are routed and handled in a timely > manner. To> print the cover page, log into your account and click on the fax > documents> link on the "Limited Account Access Details" page.>> Sincerely,> LeClara> PayPal Account Review Department>> Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored > and you> will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal > account> and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any > page. If> your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account > and go to> the Resolution Center.>> ----------------------------------------------------------------> Copyright ?? 1999-2007 PayPal. All rights reserved.>> PayPal (Europe) S.?? r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.> Soci??t?? en Commandite par Actions> Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg> RCS Luxembourg B 118 349>> PayPal Email ID PP821"

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yo duder, I just sent you an email regarding this. Hollerate back when you can (or here is fine too, I'll be online.)

• I maileded you...

• Man, fuck them motherfuckers

They just took $400 out of my account in a dispute and sided with a dude who is no longer a registered user on Ebay and has his Paypal account suspended.

And fuck all White Stripes fans too.

MCF

• Oh well, I just cut and pasted a sentence from the above email they sent, googled it and got NOTHING but 3 pages of paypalsucks.com horrorstories.

• Are they implying that you stole the merchandise you're selling???

Ridiculous.

If you need me to draw up a faux_invoice for you, let me know.

• They just took $400 out of my account in a dispute and sided with a dude who is no longer a registered user on Ebay and has his Paypal account suspended

MCF

thats just criminal....I can definitely say ive made some decent scrilla off ebay but cant really feel safe sending big $$$ packages anymore, particularly overseas...too many scammers know paypal will take their side and screw the seller out of his dough

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Let's not even get started.

About a month back I get an e-mail from[/b] Paypal saying that they noticed a suspicious transaction on my account. They let the transfer go through but froze everything else until I verified. Turns out, someone got into my Paypal account, bought a $300.00 micro-processor from an ebay seller in Canada and had them shipping to China. I really gave Paypal credit for flagging it down.

So, I contacted Paypal and they tell me that I have to file a claim even though they were the ones that notified me that someone had gotten into my account.[/b] I was like, ok, got to play by the rules so I filed the claim and awaited Paypal's ruling.

In the meantime, I scoped out the seller of the micro-processor from Canada and he looked like a pretty legit seller, being on ebay for a couple years and having 100% positive feedback. He very well could have been in on the scam, but I didn't think he was. This was all going down Saturday so I e-mailed him directly stating what had happened and not to send anything to this dude in China. The guy was totally cool, realized that dude had bought the item from one user name with a different e-mail address than what he was paying for and realized something was up. I told him the claim was being made and if he could comply in any way with Paypal to speed it up...it would be appreciated.

Paypal contacts me two days later and file against my claim![/b] Yeah...those fuck faces notified me of the suspicious transaction, tell me to file a claim, and then tell me there was insufficient evidence for my claim! I was furious. On top of that, I called asking them what other evidence did they need and they inform me that if I want the official report, I would have to mail a written[/b] letter to their main offices and wait for a reply...something that would have taken weeks.

The seller in Canada hits me up and he's like...I have no idea why they ruled against you. Here's your money back! I pretty much try to be a nice guy...so I think it was karma coming back...but man...I was lucky.

What sucks is that I NEVER want to use Paypal again, but it's pretty much the easiest and fastest way to get things done on ebay.

Good luck with your situation...I feel you pain and I know many other people out there do too.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    remember when they froze the heatrocks account??? criminal

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

that is just putrid

they froze my account and sent a collection agency to gather up the enourmous sum opf 67 $ 3 weeks late in paying up (vacation related)...paid evrything up faxed them the reciept and had the agency email them..to speed up theprocess...havent been able to re-open my account since(good for non-record binging in brazil but still)

• remember when they froze the heatrocks account??? criminal

that is just putrid

they froze my account and sent a collection agency to gather up the enourmous sum opf 67 $ 3 weeks late in paying up (vacation related)...paid evrything up faxed them the reciept and had the agency email them..to speed up theprocess...havent been able to re-open my account since(good for non-record binging in brazil but still)

how haven't they been sued/stopped...? aren't there soulstrut lawyers in the house? class-action suit...?

craziest shit to me...is the people who garner them money (the sellers)...are the ones who get fucked...without products for sale...there would be no transactions...and although some individual customers might spend some loot...the sellers tend to have more cash funneling through their system...

and I'm not surprised they refunded someone's money who's ebay account is suspended and paypal account is suspended...and you are probably a power seller with great feedback rating, and a good standing paypal account...wtf?

I've shared some of my experiences over the years about paypal...needless to say...I hate them

• i was thinking about selling some stuff, but this and your ebay post have me shook. It would be nice if there was a new alternative. Shouldn't google have come up with an alternative by now?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    you can pay 24 dollars a month as an online merchant and accept credit cards with backing from a normal bank that can't play as many bullshit games with your hard earned cake
    when you agree to do business with paypal you agree to their fucked up [non bank]programs and rules
    they are on their way out
    I am thinking of switching to an alternative like the above stated
    I have went beyond 25 dollars a month in paypal comission fees so its time to consider this.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i was thinking about selling some stuff, but this and your ebay post have me shook. It would be nice if there was a new alternative. Shouldn't google have come up with an alternative by now?

I mean, OK, yes paypal is definitely fucked... but unless you're going to be selling lots of big ticket items you don't have a ton to worry about. It's annoying to get hit with some bogus $20 chargeback here and there but it's not like everyone is out to screw you. The fear-mongering tends to get a bit out of control in threads like this...

• Well, it's not even about chargebacks any more.

Basically they are implying that anyone can be a thief until he's able to prove otherwise. Even if feedback is 100& like in this case.

This just in: if they can't prove one way and we can't prove the other way the account will be frozen for 180 days, after which the money will be paid out to us and the account closed.

Well, it's not even about chargebacks any more.

Basically they are implying that anyone can be a thief until he's able to prove otherwise. Even if feedback is 100& like in this case.

This just in: if they can't prove one way and we can't prove the other way the account will be frozen for 180 days, after which the money will be paid out to us and the account closed.

Not really referring to your situation, which is clearly fucked... more in responce to the dudes who sell 5 $20 records a month getting all militia-like everytime these types of posts are made.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Anbody mess with ?

https://checkout.google.com/sell

Free credit card processing until 2008
    When you sell with Google Checkout, you can process all of your Checkout sales for free until 2008. And there are no monthly, setup or gateway fees.
    Beginning January 1, 2008, when you use Google Checkout??? to process your sales, you'll only be charged a low 2% + $0.20 per transaction.

Though I'm sure eBay won't let you mention them in a listing.

• My faith with e bay and paypal is "ZERO".

If it's not paypal or e bay Frickin' you then it's the postal system over seas. I have customers that still haven't received their records. I'm talking about shit I sent out in late september!! Whats up with France & Italy postal service??

Selling big ticket items on ebay....Brings money in but I decided a long time ago to avoid. I don't sell my 100 dollar & up records on e bay.

• Though I'm sure eBay won't let you mention them in a listing.

Word. Just today I heard about a seller who wanted to go back to the "cash in a registered letter" days, Ebay pulled all of his 300 auctions.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Man, Cardova, this really blows - it's terrible that this is what happens when you put up a list of dope rare records to sell.

This whole situation screams monopoly, since everyone is fed up with this shit but there really is no good alternative. I think that the major banks need to get together and figure out the right way to do this, but given the amount of fraud going on with Paypal, there's really no incentive.

Hope you get this all sorted out man. That was one of the illest sale lists I've ever seen go up all at once.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    My faith with e bay and paypal is "ZERO".

If it's not paypal or e bay Frickin' you then it's the postal system over seas. I have customers that still haven't received their records. I'm talking about shit I sent out in late september!! Whats up with France & Italy postal service??

Selling big ticket items on ebay....Brings money in but I decided a long time ago to avoid. I don't sell my 100 dollar & up records on e bay.

A record I sent to Italy on October 2nd still hasn't arrived. The buyer started a dispute via paypal for non-receipt. I immediately responded back and asked him to check with customs to see if it was held there and let me know what he found. He hasn't responded back to me since I asked, and that was 15 days ago.

• Now I'm spooked. My average item is $100+. I sold a pair of shoes recently for $450. $350 is a normal price but less frequent. So are they going to randomly shut me down and ask for receipts?

Seems like an insurance industry type scam. Your reward for selling big ticket items and bringing paypal more loot in fees is getting your shit frozen and being considered suspect.

It makes perfect sense in that greedy, secret boardroom kinda way. They freeze your account and inconvenience you, forcing you to retrieve records, which takes time. Meanwhile, they have your money to invest in other things. If you satisfy them and they do eventually give you your money back, they've already been using it. They'd probably give you some other poor sellers loot from their frozen account.

But I put up with it to stay in ebays search system.

• My faith with e bay and paypal is "ZERO".

A record I sent to Italy on October 2nd still hasn't arrived. The buyer started a dispute via paypal for non-receipt. I immediately responded back and asked him to check with customs to see if it was held there and let me know what he found. He hasn't responded back to me since I asked, and that was 15 days ago.

this is close to what happened to me recently...dude claims non-receipt and gets the ball in motion...i supply tracking number, ship date, etc to Argentina, where he lives....a few weeks pass and he files a claim...claim takes a month to process and douchbag gets $$$ and records....the whole ordeal takes approx 90 days, so any details regarding transaction are no longer viewable on his profile/feedback....turns out he pulls htis stunt every 8-10 months...

TuboRecords, im lookin at u playa....

So are they going to randomly shut me down and ask for receipts?

I seriously doubt it. It seems like what sets this type of thing off is someone receiving LOTS of money (thousands or 10's of thousands) in a short period of time on an account that is new or doesn't normally get a lot of activity. I mean, there are quite a few Kafka-esque things about how eBay and paypal work, but I really don't think they care about a few hundred bucks here and there especiallly if you sell regularly.

• I really don't think they care about a few hundred bucks here and there especiallly if you sell regularly.

I agree.

• A record I sent to Italy on October 2nd still hasn't arrived. The buyer started a dispute via paypal for non-receipt. I immediately responded back and asked him to check with customs to see if it was held there and let me know what he found. He hasn't responded back to me since I asked, and that was 15 days ago.

i just got a letter fopr a record i sent oct 17th yesterday....but the guy actualy came off cool and said he is waiting for record that are later than mine and said the mail system there was really slow lately.

it would haver been this falls first chargeback(i start heavy in the fal and slow down to almost nothing in the summers)

i am thinking of just protecting myself now & only accepting cash/money order on french and italian auction wins and stating it in my listings.

too bad this inconveniences the honest buyers in those countries but no way am i getting taken again!

do you guys think i would lose alot of sales if i went that route?

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Wait...they froze the heatrocks account?

JRoot

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    i won a record for 99p
    and the seller wanst to charge me 29 pounds to send it to aus..
    wtf is the queen bringing it to my house?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    i won a record for 99p
    and the seller wanst to charge me 29 pounds to send it to aus..
    wtf is the queen bringing it to my house?

ahahahahha what a tripper... 29 pounds is ridiculous, the most it would cost is about 8-10 pounds... what a tripper... want me to sort him out S***?

peace.