CLASSICS that suck...

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Classic tracks that you just can't hang with for whatever reason. Everyone's got them, so come clean...Gonna to be some huge 's up in this bitch.MFSB - Love Is The Message45 King - 900 NumberStevie Wonder - SuperstitionRose Royce - Car WashChuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - Bustin' LooseWar - LowriderBiz Markie - Just a FriendAretha Franklin - RespectMarvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The GrapevineSave the BAN/NAGL/"Do you even like music" etc...and add something

Comments

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

Stevie Wonder - Superstition
    War - Lowrider
    Over Valued. Agreed.

Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine

Ahem ...

BAN/NAGL/"Do you even like music?"

• War - Lowrider

I definitely agree with this.

also Tower of Power's "You're Still A Young Man" is supposed to be some sorta Bay Area "classic" but I've never been able to stand it.

• 45 King - 900 Number

are we talking the instrumental or the rap version with lakim shabazz?

Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - Bustin' Loose

come on dude

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

are we talking the instrumental or the rap version with lakim shabazz?

Both, that beat sucks.

come on dude

I don't hate this song, and I realize it's one of the first gogo tracks, just have no urge to listen to it again. DEAL.

• are we talking the instrumental or the rap version with lakim shabazz?

Both, that beat sucks.

come on dude

I don't hate this song, and I realize it's one of the first gogo tracks, just have no urge to listen to it again. DEAL.

agree to disagree

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Run DMC

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Around 2/3 of this band's output.

I was listening to "Kashmir" in a store the other day,
    and was shocked that they woud even release a record that
    contains those croaking noises Robert Plant makes during the
    instrumental breakdown ... dude sounds like a dying goose.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Run DMC

• come to think of there are many, many "classic" rap joints that are downright unlistenable to me. and I don't mean Run-DMC era; I mean more like 1979-1983. there's too many to name, and I guess that's a thread in and of itself.....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    come to think of there are many, many "classic" rap joints that are downright unlistenable to me. and I don't mean Run-DMC era; I mean more like 1979-1983. there's too many to name, and I guess that's a thread in and of itself..... I DON'T LIKE RAP MUSIC

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I knew the day would come when knownot whippersnappers would lean so heavily on their retrospective orientation to the unfuckwittable classic soul/funk music of my childhood that they would literally cement the generation gap between us and them to a complete impasse, but I still don't want to believe that that day is here.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Run DMC

Haha, that is awesome man. Drops a bomb straight out the gates!

No love for "Sucker MC's" though?

• come to think of there are many, many "classic" rap joints that are downright unlistenable to me. and I don't mean Run-DMC era; I mean more like 1979-1983. there's too many to name, and I guess that's a thread in and of itself..... I DON'T LIKE RAP MUSIC

hahaha I saw that coming. honestly even the rap heads in here would be hard-pressed to convince me that they actually "like" a lot of that schitt rather than merely "recognize and respect" it.....

come to think of there are many, many "classic" rap joints that are downright unlistenable to me. and I don't mean Run-DMC era; I mean more like 1979-1983. there's too many to name, and I guess that's a thread in and of itself..... I DON'T LIKE RAP MUSIC

hahaha I saw that coming. honestly even the rap heads in here would be hard-pressed to convince me that they actually "like" a lot of that schitt rather than merely "recognize and respect" it.....

^^^PROJECTION ONLY^^^

• I knew the day would come when knownot whippersnappers would lean so heavily on their retrospective orientation to the unfuckwittable classic soul/funk music of my childhood that they would literally cement the generation gap between us and them to a complete impasse, but I still don't want to believe that that day is here.

^^^ a prize for anyone who can decipher this ^^^

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I knew the day would come when knownot whippersnappers would lean so heavily on their retrospective orientation to the unfuckwittable classic soul/funk music of my childhood that they would literally cement the generation gap between us and them to a complete impasse, but I still don't want to believe that that day is here.

Seriously.

^^^TOY FACTORY^^^

• I knew the day would come when knownot whippersnappers would lean so heavily on their retrospective orientation to the unfuckwittable classic soul/funk music of my childhood that they would literally cement the generation gap between us and them to a complete impasse, but I still don't want to believe that that day is here.

You are a bunch of toys.

• I was referring more to the whole "I knew the day would come when knownot whippersnappers ... blah blah blah..."

but whatever; the sweatshop graphic was a nice touch I guess.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    If you truly like ALL the "classics", you don't have taste.

• MFSB - Love Is The Message

Pepper Lebeija is turning over in her grave.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

also Tower of Power's "You're Still A Young Man" is supposed to be some sorta Bay Area "classic" but I've never been able to stand it.

Tower of Power = worst sort of bar band fonk imaginable

If I didn't like Superstition, Lowrider, and Car Wash...I wouldn't like me.

I had hoped that I'd never have to say "ya had to be there" in reference to such obviously great songs, but here I am saying just that.

Shit is totally fucked up.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

You are a bunch of toys.

b/w Not Real Headz?

You are a bunch of toys.

b/w Not Real Headz?

Yes.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Run DMC

Haha, that is awesome man. Drops a bomb straight out the gates!

No love for "Sucker MC's" though?

maybe i should have posted that in the "classics that bore me" thread. i like other stuff from that era. just havent gotten into run dmc.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    If I didn't like Superstition, Lowrider, and Car Wash...I wouldn't like me.

I had hoped that I'd never have to say "ya had to be there" in reference to such obviously great songs, but here I am saying just that.

Shit is totally fucked up.

Get over it, and post a track or two.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This has the makings of a good thread.

Lowrider - bitd it was the jam. Now?

Throw in McDonald's commercials and Pixar movies and it's pretty much a wrap.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I don't ever have to hear "I Feel Good" again, especially considering JB's body of work.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This has the makings of a good thread.

Lowrider - bitd it was the jam. Now?

Throw in McDonald's commercials and Pixar movies and it's pretty much a wrap.

Wedding-Funk.