=Mid-Week Finds=

LazerLazer 796 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think at one point or another I have owned every record you posted except the born losers and the yellow one

btw

LI>STRONG>STEVE TIBBETTS IS MY E_BOW BUDDHIST BITCH/STRONG>/LI>

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think at one point or another I have owned every record you posted except the born losers and the yellow one

btw

congrats!!!!!

• got the JOE PASS (side 2 is great), JUKKA TOLONEN (a one -tracker -- but what a great track!!) and BAYETE UMBRA ZINDIKO in trade... the rest are charities or plastic wax cheapies...

a couple of classic pound bin breaks here --just what i like!!

the BEYATE is Frickin' savage - id never heard of it until MDejean hipped me to it (cheers M****n). monster, organ-led, fuzz-heavy, afro, psych, jazzy monster with bloody massive drums. anyone else know a little more about this?

the 7's are:
    HOT CHOCOLATE - "i believe (in love)" - (nice drums on both sides)
    HAMMOND ON THE ROCKS
    J.R. WALKER & THE ALLSTARS - "brainwasher"
    LAXMIKANT PYARELAL - "imtihan" ost ep.. -- (great fun. some sounds like that timbaland indo-hip hop sound!!)
    MOND.RAFI & CHORUS - "satnam wahe guru" (not as much fun as the other indian one)

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    ill say it,
    that was a solid haul

• reskresk 391 Posts

you dont live in south florida do you? That george and gwen mccrae has been turning up quite a bit at one particular spot (finding multiple copies of it lately). Though not rare by any means, nice album.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the yellow one

That would be Ramsey Lewis Trio, "Another Voyage"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    the yellow one

That would be Ramsey Lewis Trio, "Another Voyage"

I think he meant the dude by the wallpaper, we all know un when we see it....

the dude by the wallpaper

That would be Richard & Linda Thompson, "Shoot Out the Lights"

• Here's what a few days in Florida will get you:

and here's what one day back in DC will get you:

• chasechase 767 Posts

you dont live in south florida do you? That george and gwen mccrae has been turning up quite a bit at one particular spot (finding multiple copies of it lately). Though not rare by any means, nice album.

resk, are you still up in Tally-ho?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

I'm in the Twin Cities (MPLS/ST.P) area, about as far from FL as you get. But I too have been finding sealed store stock of that record (5th and 6th sealed one in a year).
    Odd indeed.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

got the JOE PASS (side 2 is great), JUKKA TOLONEN (a one -tracker -- but what a great track!!) and BAYETE UMBRA ZINDIKO in trade... the rest are charities or plastic wax cheapies...

That Joe Pass record looks familiar

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    eloy-floating
    theme-patrick robinson

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    eloy-floating

Which press did you find? Great LP, btw.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    eloy-floating

janus pressing
    i just listened to the whole thing
    great

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Picked up some 45s for 50 cents each. I think the Tony Sales & the Tigers is fairly hard to find. I'm not sure if the promo copy came with a picture sleeve (this one didn't have one).

Tony Sales & the Tigers - "When the Party's Over" / "Summer Time (is the best time for making love)" - Radio Station Copy.

Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels - "Sock It To Me - Baby" / "I Never Had It Better"

The Vogues - "Golden Locket" / "Big Man" promotional copy

Joe Tex - "Skinny Legs and All" / "Watch the One (that brings the bad news)"

New York City - I'm Doin' Fine Now LP (Chelsea Records (US) / 1973 / BCL1-0198) Promotional Copy

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    eloy-floating

yea i like the Eloy LP...heavy

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I found five pounds of wild porcini mushrooms at Salt Point State Park. Foraging mushrooms with the Pacific in view was where it was at. Records next week, though.

• I found five pounds of wild porcini mushrooms at Salt Point State Park. Foraging mushrooms with the Pacific in view was where it was at. Records next week, though.

Nice one. We stayed just outside that park for a week last summer. Did you see the little hobbit church up the coast a few miles?

• picked up some long time non-raer wants lately:

M.N. is the '85 pressing...it'll do, for now.

T.D. is OG German pressing.

• reskresk 391 Posts

resk, are you still up in Tally-ho?

nah man, back in miami for good....finished out in tally about a year and a half ago. Man i miss zaxby's

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels - "Sock It To Me - Baby" / "I Never Had It Better"

Joe Tex - "Skinny Legs and All" / "Watch the One (that brings the bad news)"

Reminds me I still need to find that Mitch Ryder myself, just about the only one of his 'hits' I haven't come across.

That Joe Tex is a great cheapie.

• I see that Mitch Ryder (with PS) all the time.

I see that Mitch Ryder (with PS) all the time.
    Yeah, not rare, just elusive at the minute. Here in New Zealand at least. It'll turn up eventually, hopefully a nice clean local press on the lime green Stateside label

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Some EP's

LP's

And 10"

The 45's are sick....all Federal/King/Deluxe white label Bio copies from Charlie Feathers to Jackie Brenston......about 120 of them.

Holy Shit you are killing it with these HPB jazz/R&B scores!!!!!

Those King & related titles look awesome, I found a Bill Jennings Leo Parker promo 45 a few weeks ago, looked mint, played well, but was cracked
    Is there a story associated with your buying these records? Or just a random find?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Those King & related titles look awesome, I found a Bill Jennings Leo Parker promo 45 a few weeks ago, looked mint, played well, but was cracked
    Is there a story associated with your buying these records? Or just a random find?

There is a story.....but I'm gonna hold off telling it until the well runs dry.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Holy Shit you are killing it with these HPB jazz/R&B scores!!!!!

nice haul..