SoulStrutters in the "Real World"

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I was in Dallas for the last few days at an allergy meeting and checking my e-mail at the Internet(s) Cafe. The guy next to me was reading SoulStrut, so, in true nerd fashion, I asked him, "Are you reading SoulStrut?" (no, he wasn't an allergist). We exchanged the secret handshake and then went our separate ways. Have any of you had random SoulStrut encounters outside of record stores/DJ gigs?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think someone referenced this incident in the faux_rillz thread.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

My bad...At least no one could accuse me of reading SoulStrut, behind closed doors or in public.

P.S. San Diego, you're next!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I was in Dallas for the last few days at an allergy meeting and checking my e-mail at the Internet(s) Cafe. The guy next to me was reading SoulStrut, so, in true nerd fashion, I asked him, "Are you reading SoulStrut?" (no, he wasn't an allergist). We exchanged the secret handshake and then went our separate ways.

You should have had a sleep over or slumber party...

• I think someone referenced this incident in the faux_rillz thread.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=991057&an=0&page=4#Post991057

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

My bad...At least no one could accuse me of reading SoulStrut, behind closed doors or in public.

That's funny. BTW, the other person referenced it like you were some random "local" person, which makes it additionally awesome.

That's funny. BTW, the other person referenced it like you were some random "local" person, which makes it additionally awesome.

That is funny, especially since I didn't a) call him sir or b) give him any indication that Daniel and I are friends.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

That is funny, especially since I didn't a) call him sir or b) give him any indication that Daniel and I are friends.

Plaese to holler if you are really coming out to SD!

• I had a feeling that was you!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i met Sno (a fellow Strutter on here) at a bookstore. we were talking about shit online that day, and mentioned about the magazine had arrived at the bookstore so i said i'll go pick it up after work. at this point, we've never met in person, only thru soulstrut and MSN.

so i got off from work, and went there and was paying for my copy of Scratch Mag at the counter. not knowing there's a guy queing up behind me also holding the same copy of Scratch Mag!

i turned around he saw me, so he asked me if I was the guy "kenny" on Soul Strut, i was like "OH SNAAP!" and people were looking at us like what the fuck these two idiots holding the same copy of a magazine laughing their lungs out at the counter and shit!

thats how it happened.

I had a feeling that was you!

He was from SF; I asked him if he knew you, Justin, and Patrick.

i met Sno (a fellow Strutter on here) at a bookstore. we were talking about shit online that day, and mentioned about the magazine had arrived at the bookstore so i said i'll go pick it up after work. at this point, we've never met in person, only thru soulstrut and MSN.

so i got off from work, and went there and was paying for my copy of Scratch Mag at the counter. not knowing there's a guy queing up behind me also holding the same copy of Scratch Mag!

i turned around he saw me, so he asked me if I was the guy "kenny" on Soul Strut, i was like "OH SNAAP!" and people were looking at us like what the fuck these two idiots holding the same copy of a magazine laughing their lungs out at the counter and shit!

thats how it happened.

For some reason, I thought you were in Hong Kong or something? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Yes, next week...LA, too. I'll be in touch with you and Toro Mareado after I clean out my PMs.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    yea i am in Hong Kong.

yea i am in Hong Kong.

...Then your story definitely trumps mine!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Yes, next week...LA, too. I'll be in touch with you and Toro Mareado after I clean out my PMs.

I'm gone, ese... I'm in boston right now and texas next week. World traveler, you know...

• Plaese to holler if you are really coming out to SD!

I'm gone, ese... I'm in boston right now and texas next week. World traveler[/b], you know...

Dude, you got to leave the US to earn that tag

I'm gone, ese... I'm in boston right now and texas next week. World traveler[/b], you know...

Boooo...I guess I'll have to catch you on my next Award Tour.

Dude, you got to leave the US to earn that tag

I've been told by my colleagues from across the pond that it's World Chaveller on BA.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Toro Mareado

By the way... I'm gonna man up and admit the first time I read that I said "Who the fuck is that?" to myself.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    The strutters I've met in the real world usually have clammy hands and whisper "NSFW" into my ear. Sometimes they wear too much cologne as well.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

thats how it happened.

Did he want to know why the price tag on your copy of
    Scratch was $2 less than the one on his identical copy?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

thats how it happened.

i didn't do it, alright...

• i met Sno (a fellow Strutter on here) at a bookstore. we were talking about shit online that day, and mentioned about the magazine had arrived at the bookstore so i said i'll go pick it up after work. at this point, we've never met in person, only thru soulstrut and MSN.

thats how it happened.

ahahha

• I know I've meet people who are soul strut, but I never disclose my true identity. There is a lot at stake.