Non-Crass on Crass Records

onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I've heard some Poison Girls that I liked and find Crass' career trajectory fascinating but haven't explored much else on the label. What am I missing?

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    They look really interesting, thanks!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    and they sound good, too!

I will put them in the onetet Toronto visit listening pile.

• an early Bjork group, KUKL, was on Crass...

• Honey Bane has a couple good tracks

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I recommend the Kukl records, really interesting stuff if you like groups like the Fall, Pop Group, Killing Joke, etc. But they don't really sound like those bands either.

• Memory could be failing but didn't Flux of Pink Indians do at least one album on Crass? I can't be arsed to google it right now.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I recommend the Kukl records, really interesting stuff if you like groups like the Fall, Pop Group, Killing Joke, etc. But they don't really sound like those bands either.

I think I heard 1-2 tracks that didn't catch my attention, but those comparisons did. I'll check Kukl out, thanks.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Memory could be failing but didn't Flux of Pink Indians do at least one album on Crass? I can't be arsed to google it right now.

yes - neu smell

• I think that hardcore band Crucifix did an album (Dehumanization) on Corpus Christi which was an offshoot of Crass records. The style of the artwork was similar to those Crass releases.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

For the artwork alone! I heard the dude did the ballpoint pen job all over his cell locked up in the funny farm, I'd like to check that out! From a safe distance and a web connection of course. Or did it make a record cover?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Wow, I'd never seen it before but that Southern Records site has a complete discog for the label:

http://www.southern.com/southern/label/CRC/disc.html

There are the 3 "Bullshit Detector" compilations of unsigned acts - I've never even seen them but I used to think it would be cool to find one...

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

Yeah the lead singer took to much acid and read too much too much HP Lovecraft flipped out and thought he was god. Good music though. Crucifix was a dope band as well.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    An interesting five part interview with Penny Rimbaud.

• cheers for that, Bam