Micranots mixtape...

dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I've been trying to track down a mixtape from the mid-90's of the Micranots - So Deep I Never Fell. I heard it was pretty good and that it was all I Self Divine rhyming off the top of his head. Any of you (Minnesota) strutters got a copy you can make me?

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Never heard the mixtape, but do you know if they released "All Live" on 12inch??? that beat is bananas...

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I don't believe All Live is on 12 inch. I know it was used for the DJ Abilities mixtape with I Self Divine rhyming on it (track 5) and was also a stand alone beat on Return of the Travellahs under the track name Contemplate (track 13) which only goes for about 50 seconds. Return of the Travellahs as well as Farward got re-issued which were previously mixtapes as well. The only single I can recall is from their latest album The Emperor and the Assasin, tracks being Glorious (beat is raw) and Heat.

Been looking for their other mixtapes for a while with no luck. I just want an mp3 copy if someone could hook it up.

I also really like their coverwork on the Farward re-issue...for some reason I really like the crack fill over the actual piece. Looks nice!

• DataData 4 Posts
    Yeah All live was pressed on vinyl and released on Mental Madness records. Which is Kool Akiems label. The other songs that where on tha 12" are Farward and 141 Million Miles, the instramentals were also included. Peace DJ Todda

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Thanks for the input Data. I'm gonna have to look out for that single. You ever heard the first mixtape I mentioned? Any info on that?

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Interesting...

Was searching for that All Live single Data mentioned and I guess the CD has reference to the other two tracks he mentioned as well as a track called "So Deep I Never Fell". I'll have to check it out...as well as the vinyl single...

Track listing on the cd...

Song List:
    1. Farward
    2. All Live
    3. 141 Million Miles
    4. Decapitation III
    5. Decapitation
    6. So Deep I Never Fell
    7. Farward (Remix)

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Yeah All live was pressed on vinyl and released on Mental Madness records. Which is Kool Akiems label. The other songs that where on tha 12" are Farward and 141 Million Miles, the instramentals were also included. Peace DJ Todda

ah shit 141 million miles was on that 12inch too?? I didn't think that was every released on 12"... dyam, just upped the value fo the 12inch in mybook... anyone got one for sale/trade?

• DataData 4 Posts
    Im good friends with I self, I'll ask him about the mixtape.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    not sure if you guys are just talking earlier material here or whatever but "Culture b/w Illegal Busyness" was also a 12"

I'd like "Balance" or "M.O.V.E." on 12 as well.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    That would be hot. These are all records that I have slept on aparently. All I have is Obelisk Movements LP and that Glorious/Heat single. The other mixtapes I mentioned earlier were actual tapes from the mid-90's I believe. I've heard about them and wanted to check them out and can't find anything.

Data check your PM's...I hit you up...