E Bay Advice, etiquette

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I haven't bought stuff for a while (2 years ) on E Bay. I recently won a bunch of records, all auctions went without a hitch except one. I paid the seller the day the auction ended (oct. 24th) and he hasn't responded to one of my e mails, nor have I received said record. I checked his feedback (he's got a bunch of + up until today, but I've noticed a few - recently as well). The negative feedback situation is similar to mine. Any of you hardcore E Bay heads have any advice on how much time I should give this schmuck before I try to get my money back? I mean I'm easy to deal with, but the no communication thing scares me. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Make sure you are writing him through ebays message system. If you are writing emails, they may be being falling the 'junk' bin.
    If still no contact after another week or so, just file a paypal chargeback. Be sure to look into paypal procedures, I know there is a time limit of how long you can wait for filing a claim. This usually scares people straight.

• Thanks. I've been e mailing him through the "contact seller about this item" and copying myself on each message. They're basically inquiries (polite), but I mean the guy is in Brooklyn and I'm in Jersey, I know how long mail takes to get from there to here. If somebody is slow and there is communication, I'm ok with it (within reason), but to see auctions leaving positive feedback after mine (and one negative for the same situation as mine), is kinda bullshit.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Sounds like they are just lazy. I had a guy a few months ago who took a month to ship a record and we both live in the same state and I paid priority. After about 2 weeks I started emailing him and got no answer. When 3 weeks had gone by I wrote him again and told him that I would wait one more week and then open a paypal claim. Had it 3 days later. I Frickin' hate these kinda idiots.