2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    New White Stripes jawn is HAWRDDD

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    i now know she has a nice rack

You beat me to it. To bad she's a butterface

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my roomate has this "am gold" boxset and we were checking it out the other night and you have heard the Pablo Cruise song, I instantly recognized it from my clock radio elementary school days...I will try and post a clip later. but you know it.
    I didnt know shit about Dr. Hook until the other day...funny as shit songs, Shel Silverstien wrote the music and lyrics..shit was cracking me up...songs like "Lookin for Pussy", "Freaker's Ball"...a bunch of funny, scumbag lookin dudes.

Yeah Meg White gots a sturdy rack there...why cant she move here to Memphis instead of Jack? Maybe shingaling or my boy Rockbert could teach her to play the drums...she needs help in that department...maybe those tig ol bitties get in the way...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    edited due to it already being mentioned

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    tig ol bitties

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

I wanted to ask: I was in a record store the other day. They were playing the most annoying Beatlesque record. Every song sounded like they took a Beatles song and wrote an alternate lyric and changed the melody slightly to make it sound more Beatlelike. I meant to check with the clerk about what we were listening to. So was that Oasis? I'm not talking about Revolver Beatles or White Album Beatles or Rock and Roll Beatles, I'm talking about Yeah Yeah Yeah Beatles. Was that Oasis?

Could it be The Rutles?:

Beatles parody band from the late 70's... The Beatles' George Harrison and

Monty Python's Eric Idle were involved with this project, which included a pretty funny (if you know your Beatles history) mockumentary.

or Todd Rundgren's Utopia?:

This particular album was a tribute to/pastiche of the Beatles.

SG

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I wanted to ask: I was in a record store the other day. They were playing the most annoying Beatlesque record. Every song sounded like they took a Beatles song and wrote an alternate lyric and changed the melody slightly to make it sound more Beatlelike. I meant to check with the clerk about what we were listening to. So was that Oasis? I'm not talking about Revolver Beatles or White Album Beatles or Rock and Roll Beatles, I'm talking about Yeah Yeah Yeah Beatles. Was that Oasis?

Could it be The Rutles?:

Beatles parody band from the late 70's... The Beatles' George Harrison and
    Monty Python's Eric Idle were involved with this project, which included a pretty funny (if you know your Beatles history) mockumentary.

or Todd Rundgren's Utopia?:

This particular album was a tribute to/pastiche of the Beatles.

SG

I should have asked. I hope never to hear it again.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i now know she has a nice rack

You beat me to it. To bad she's a butterface

Muzzleface, as the wife calls it. Good Lawd she's homely.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Johnny Winter
    My brother brought his first record home from college and declared "this is the blue eyed albino, who plays like Robert Johnson. Bob Dylan refused to follow him on stage because he is so great." Had a great rock hit; Rock And Roll Hoochie Coo. Did a lot of heroin. Orchestrated Muddy Waters come back after Chess records dropped him. Or more importantly; his brother did Frankenstien.

Winter brothers are great, but wasn't "Rock & Roll Hoochie Coo" done by Rick Derringer, the lead guitarist from Johnny's band? Pretty sure about that.

Also, Dan Hartman was in that band as well.

I can't find R&RHC but here is a Johnny Winter break .

Oh yea, Johnny has quite a few breaks. Fast Life being the better of them.

Rock & Roll... was was done by Johnny and Rick. Usually the one you hear on the radio is the Rick solo version.

I like "Illustrated Man" by Johnny. Fun song for tattoo types.

I'll never forget the Simpson's halloween special where zombies took over Springfield. Homer was making his escape down the highway. The Johnny and Edgar Winter tour bus was pulled over and the brothers were out having a smoke. Homer comes around the corner, see's them and says "Die you zombie freaks!!!!!!!!!" Then he runs them over!

BTW Johnny WInter is the guy doing all the yelling in the background on the hard hitting version of Manish Boy by Muddy Waters. "YEH!!!!" "WOOO!"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I know I'll get bashed for this but I was watching that terrible movie "Be Cool" with my girl the other night I thought the whole time I was looking at Coolio. My girl tripped on me hard as hell and said "That's Andre from Outkast idiot!." I could have sworn it was Coolio.

Kinda reminds me of this girl I was dating years ago. She had this distorted psychedelic poster of A Tribe Called Quest on her bedroom wall. I thought it was Living Colour for a minute.

I know I'll get bashed for this but I was watching that terrible movie "Be Cool" with my girl the other night I thought the whole time I was looking at Coolio. My girl tripped on me hard as hell and said "That's Andre from Outkast idiot!." I could have sworn it was Coolio.

Kinda reminds me of this girl I was dating years ago. She had this distorted psychedelic poster of A Tribe Called Quest on her bedroom wall. I thought it was Living Colour for a minute.

HA HA! I think that was from the 1st LP.