Tenure Vote...Again!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,As part of my deal coming over to Rutgers, I was encouraged to go up for tenure review in my first semester. Vanderbilt and Florida State, in contrast, wanted me to wait 3 years to go up for tenure . I came in as an untenured, Associate Professor in acknowledgment of getting tenure in Milwaukee. I had my departmental vote yesterday and it was unanimously positive (14-0). Now, my case will be voted on at the school- and university-levels which tend to affirm the initial department-level decision. I'm stoked and I want to thank you guys for all of your support!!! Hopefully, I will be able to go up early for promotion to Full Professor in a few years.Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    congrats- this is awesome!

• Thats great. Sounds like life in NJ is treating you really well.

• big !!!! I'm in NYC Nov 30-Dec 3. First round on me!!!!

• yeaaaah stacks!

as soon as they call you in and give the official word, you gotta let off a couple or holler out some crazy shit...(and get a candid of their faces)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Thanks, peoples!!! I appreciate all the love and support. Georges, give me a holla on the PMs so we can hook up!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Hopefully, I will be able to go up early for promotion to Full Professor in a few years.

This is great news! The college and broader university signoff is still important, but its almost always pro forma. Then it'll be the full time soon enough.

Great move. Congratulations.
    JRoot

• YOU DOIN' IT, MAN!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Folks,

My official, university-level tenure vote from Rutgers came in affirmative last Thursday (April 24, 2008). They done fucked around made me a "Made Man." I'm glad it happened this time in a place I truly want to live. I'ma get my celebratory drank on at the departmental party this upcoming Saturday evening.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    BOOOOOOOOOYAKA!
    Congrat mang.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hey Folks,

My official, university-level tenure vote from Rutgers came in affirmative last Thursday (April 24, 2008). They done fucked around made me a "Made Man." I'm glad it happened this time in a place I truly want to live. I'ma get my celebratory drank on at the departmental party this upcoming Saturday evening.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Awesome!

(Um, can you get me a job out there?)

J/k!

(Well, actually...)

Hey Spanky,

I'll put my dudes on it and let you know (you're in Soc., right?)...Seriously, I'll have to get at you on the PMs to get the "dish" on how it's going thus far. How far are you into your tenure clock? I hope it's going well and your getting the necessary support from senior colleagues. Thanks for the kind words, Professor.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    congratulations!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm playing. I don't think the fam is ready to make a move out East (though my wife has her MFA from Rutgers). I'm just finishing my second year, about to go up for 3rd year review in the fall. Have two pubs down, a book contract, but need to probably get at least one or two more journal pieces out sooner than later. I just want a lighter teaching load, you know?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Hey Folks,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

congratulations man!! It's good to hear good things happening for good folks.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Hey Folks,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Congrats!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Congrats, man. That is HUUUUUGE. Both my parents are Profs, so I know what the tenure and Full Prof tracks mean.

Big ups to Big Stacks.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    big up yourself stacks
    soon you'll be able to say whatever the hell you want!

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Big ups to Big Stacks.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Props to you Stacks, I'm always delighted to hear of your heavy real world moves. Congratulations.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    A real asset to New Brunswick, congratulations Big Stacks!

I'm playing. I don't think the fam is ready to make a move out East (though my wife has her MFA from Rutgers). I'm just finishing my second year, about to go up for 3rd year review in the fall. Have two pubs down, a book contract, but need to probably get at least one or two more journal pieces out sooner than later. I just want a lighter teaching load, you know?

Yo Spanky,

You're doing your thing, mane! Keep up the great work and you'll sail over the midterm, and eventually, the tenure bar. One option you might want to take is to write some sort of grant, and if awarded to you, use it to leverage a course buyout. We don't really have those options so much in professional fields. For the 'Strutter that asked (Uncle Sanchez), I'm in the Human Resource Management department. I thank everyone for your kind congratulations and support. I love yous guys!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Having followed this topic via your earlier career-related posts, I'd say you've earned it. Nice one!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Congrats Stacks.