Shipping cost for 30 records to Canada?

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to ship 30 records to Canada? I rarely ship more than 10 records at a time, so I'm not sure about the rates. Somebody is offering to buy 30+ LPs off of me if I only charge $1 per record for shipping. Does that sound about right?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Just weigh them and go to the USPS website. I'd imagine it'd be about 25ish lbs.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $50-ish

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Just weigh them and go to the USPS website. I'd imagine it'd be about 25ish lbs.

Thanks for responding, but I'm trying to avoid hauling 30-40 records down to the post office to weigh 'em. I'm also trying to get just a general idea of the price as soon as possible while I'm still here at work.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    So you want someone else on the internet to do your work for you?

$50-ish

OK, thanks.

So you want someone else on the internet to do your work for you?

I guess so...in the sense that asking any question is essentially requiring someone else to do work for you.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    In other Canadian news today. The loonie hit 1.10!!!

Great time for Canadians to buy ur records from the US!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    This is a useful tool for calculating the cost of shipping: http://payments.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EmitSellerShippingCalculator

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    In other Canadian news today. The loonie hit 1.10!!!

Great time for Canadians to buy ur records from the US!

what the eff. if this keeps up i won't be able to afford my annual pilgrimages to the toronto film fest anymore.

This is a useful tool for calculating the cost of shipping: http://payments.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EmitSellerShippingCalculator

Cool. Thanks. Your estimate was pretty on point: $48.70.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    It's about time!

I got hit HUGE when I went to school in the US. I had to pay out of state tuition and my dollar was worthless. Something like 65 cents.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    It's about time!

Even though it means my pocketbook is taking a hit, I kinda agree with you. Through the 80s and even the 90s, it was US conventional wisdom that Republicans, whatever their other shortcomings, were good for the economy. The fall of the US dollar should be a wake-up call that even (especially?) when it comes to the economy, neocons are self-serving morons.