What's up with all this French disco craze?

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Some of this shit is banging and funky but some of it is just cacophonous and grating. Mehdi is a dope DJ though, as is Feads.

• Some of this shit is banging and funky but some of it is just cacophonous and grating. Mehdi is a dope DJ though, as is Feads.

for the most part, im into the music...just cant stand the fashion trends/ scenesters that think they are part of some holy like movement.

Word. I also agree a lot of these artists that are "WHITE HOT" are sort of blips in a niche scene. I see a lot of this as the new "turntablism" & "big beat" of the game, basically they'll be forgotten in a year or so.

Nate:

I think you liking Justice just because it attractss hot girls and makes 'em dance is a shitt way to measure music. That's not a slam to you specifically but just anyone in general.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Nate:

I think you liking Justice just because it attractss hot girls and makes 'em dance is a shitt way to measure music.

When girls are dancing everybody wins.

It's not a perfect measurement of good music obviously, but it's a barometer I check when I'm "in da club".

Dudes with their arms crossed looking at each others sneakers while they listen to "good" music is not for me. You do you, whatever works.

• Dudes with their arms crossed looking at each others sneakers while they listen to "good" music is not for me. You do you, whatever works.

Are you talking about me? I'm an actual deejay that gets steady and good CLUB work. Just because I don't share your gushing enthusiasm for this don't think I'm sitting at the bar waiting for the "sample" to come on.

Again your attitude to justify this stuff is myopic.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

Nate:

I think you liking Justice just because it attractss hot girls and makes 'em dance is a shitt way to measure music.

When girls are dancing everybody wins.

It's not a perfect measurement of good music obviously, but it's a barometer I check when I'm "in da club".

Dudes with their arms crossed looking at each others sneakers while they listen to "good" music is not for me. You do you, whatever works.

you will probably buy tickets to one of the spice girls reunion tour dates wont you

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Mr.Oizo

i got analog worms attack at a young age and i still LOVE that album. i heard some of his newer stuff and it was pretty hit or miss.

If you're not down with Analog Worms Attack, I'd have to ask: Do you even party?

Did you hear his earlier EP, M-Seq I think. There is this absolutely monster track called, well, it's "M-Seq." I can up it here if anyone is interested. Bass in your face for days.

i would be very interested. in fact if anybody HAS analog worms attack and would wanna upload it id really appreciate it, i have no idea where my cd copy is at this point....i miss that album.

did he have some involvement with that "Steak" sountrack? my friend played that for me and there was some GREAT tracks (and some bad ones)...

• you think that justice song is bad? you should see them "dj"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyhqE_VOEE

Agreed.

I'm on-the-fence about this sound, like most of you said, I can get down with the grooves and care less about the "movement" or whatever.

These dudes played here in Vegas one night (Beauty Bar, of course) and people were acting like it was the second comming of Christ. I decided to give it a shot. I had heard a couple of tracks and didn't totally hate it. Anyway, long story short, you think there are a lot of people on stage at a Wu show? Shit. These cats rolled in 200 deep. At least. Got on stage, some guy named Busy B was up first - WHACK WHACK. He sounded like a Hot Wheels in a blender. Then they got on and realized that they didnt have all their CD's (yeah, I said it) and made everybody stand around for 2 hours before someone brought them their CD Binders. Then is was yawn town. Glad I didn't pay.

On they other hand, these dudes were on Jimmy Kimmel a couple nights after. I was curious as to what the hell a couple of emaciated dirty french DJ's were going to do on national TV. Totally caught off guard. They didn't do shit. They did, however, have impersonaters of Michael Jackson, Prince, Rick James, Stevie Wonder and Rod Stewart up on stage lip-syncing along to their track. To say the least, I was impressed. But that could have been their marketing exec's idea or somthing.

• I always have to share this if people are interested, enjoy!

Analog Worms Attack