The Brazil Post (Brazilintime & pcmr related)

oh_reallyoh_really 71 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Is Brazil really as stress free and relaxing as it is always portrayed?(yes i've seen the city of god) The music, the food, the weather... I been listening to thisDivShare File - chicosciencemp3.mp3 the song the pcmr posted up. It's been on repeat for the last week, can anyone put me up on more music like this. this is the type of shit I need in my life on the regular.Also, has anyone seen Brazilintiime yet. I really enjoyed it, alot of good footage of J Rocc, Babu, Cut Chemist and others digging. Shows madlib making beats in his hotel room interviews with the drummers and more. I recomend this, I liked it better then keepintime.with all this and pcmr posting about his trip. I got Brazil on the mind lately, makes me want to go.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Is Brazil really as stress free and relaxing as it is always portrayed?(yes i've seen the city of god) The music, the food, the weather... I been listening to thisDivShare File - chicosciencemp3.mp3 the song the pcmr posted up. It's been on repeat for the last week, can anyone put me up on more music like this. this is the type of shit I need in my life on the regular.

Also, has anyone seen Brazilintiime yet. I really enjoyed it, alot of good footage of J Rocc, Babu, Cut Chemist and others digging. Shows madlib making beats in his hotel room interviews with the drummers and more. I recomend this, I liked it better then keepintime.

with all this and pcmr posting about his trip. I got Brazil on the mind lately, makes me want to go.

I feel you on that song...i havent heard the guys full catalogue but it was faster paced (think early G Rap) and nothing comparable was found...i am friends with a guy that was in a rap group that was kinda big here (he has backstage brazilintime footage that is facemelt) ill ask him for recommendations

as far as our question i will say this

foood, people, attitude are all incredible all over latin america...

you gotta stay safe but there is much to discover
    LAmerica is a great place to travel because of its proximity,relative cheapness and ease of communicating with the locals which i find is the key

a travelling experience is essential in anyones life so i hgighly recommend you give it a shot

I dreamnt of brazil too..and than i landed here

good luck

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I love Brazil, but I also love South America. There's beautiful stuff all over South America.

Can't wait to catch that brazilintime though, I heard the Jay dee tribute. Probably one of the best songs to come out of the -intime series.

- spidey

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I've heard some hate for Brazilintime, but I thought it was really dope other than Madlib, who I really can't stand. All the drummers play so well together, having Wilson Das Neves play, the parts with DJ Nuts, etc. As with Keepintime, I wanted more interviews with the artists in the special features, but so it goes.

And yeah, the Dilla tribute that Nuts and Primo did was off the hook. Not to threadjack, but does anyone know any other DJs like those two in Brazil?

• Is Brazil really as stress free and relaxing as it is always portrayed?

For tourists, or people who live there?