LinkedIn

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I finally setup a LinkedIn account after resisting for a while cuz I didn't want another social networking site to manage, but this one actually seems useful. Who's up on this? Add me to your professional network yo!http://www.linkedin.com/in/ivandwyer

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Linked In actually is a good networking site.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    As I understand it it's like Facebook for the corporate world, right?

• As I understand it it's like Facebook for the corporate world, right?

Basically. It's free to set up an account, but you can request introductions from people in your network to people in their network, which costs money. A surprising amount per month actually.

I keep my network free of non-pro friends and focus on the professional side - writing, research, online development, media studies. The profiles on LinkedIn are very clean and uncluttered. It's handy because people can get a clear picture of who you are and who you know in a single glance.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    As I understand it it's like Facebook for the corporate world, right?

Basically. It's free to set up an account, but you can request introductions from people in your network to people in their network, which costs money. A surprising amount per month actually.

I keep my network free of non-pro friends and focus on the professional side - writing, research, online development, media studies. The profiles on LinkedIn are very clean and uncluttered. It's handy because people can get a clear picture of who you are and who you know in a single glance.

Yes, the prices are high.

it is a nice addition to a job application 'here is a link to my LinkedIn profile' companies dont only hire for your pretty face, its all about who you know as well.

i keep my network clean as well, facebook for my grownass friends, myspace for work etc...

I like linkedIn but it can be pricey.

Make sure you check out the 'answers' sections in whatever field you are in... serious

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I worked as a cubicle dummy for a big company (think Coca Cola, Microsoft, etc.). One day to kill time at said desk, I changed my LinkedIn profile to CEO of that company & changed it back the same day - can you be more immature, hahahahaha.

Guess what, my CEO joke remains stored in google (if you search right) for future job interviews.

Moral of the story: think twice when you mess with public networksites.