What the F (Savage Love podcast related)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
holy shit, i'm listening to an episode of the Savage Love podcast and i swear to god i recognize one of the caller's voice as my roommate's. and it's weirding me out!! not because his issue is really any crazy out-there fetish or anything. it's because he's a mousey and soft-spoken guy and him talking to dan savage about coming into his ex-girl's mouth is totally it's like....really??i know it's him because his voice and laugh is very distinct, his call is scripted and him reading his question is exactly the same narration style and wording as many of his short films. i'm seriously bugging out. every time his girl comes over, i'm gonna be thinking...uh-oh!

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The printed column is almost too much for me to handle. I don't know if I could bring actual voices into the fold.

His calling out of women haters a few columns ago was pretty

What was your roomie's issue with, uh, finishing where he started?

• The printed column is almost too much for me to handle. I don't know if I could bring actual voices into the fold.

yeah it's a lot more personal with callers compared to the column and sometimes that can be good and sometimes that can be blechhhh. i like it more than the column though because dan actually calls people back and talks it out with them. i also think he is wayyyy funnier on the podcast. and i like hearing him son misogynist callers

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    on Dan being way funnier on the podcast. Gawd, I couldn't imagine hearing someone I knew on the podcast, was he the guy with the Madonna-Whore complex?

• Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor!

• Gawd, I couldn't imagine hearing someone I knew on the podcast, was he the guy with the Madonna-Whore complex?

haha, no. it was the previous episode. he feels guilty everytime he comes into his girl's mouth even though she is GGG. i also know it's him because he feels guilty about everything. we're friendly but not friend roommates. so i'm not that close to him where i could be like "man up and stop feeling guilty about everything"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor!

?

If so:

• she is GGG

• sorry it stands for "good, giving & game" and it's a phrase DS uses a lot in his column to describe what a partner should be ideally

• haha, no. it was the previous episode. he feels guilty everytime he comes into his girl's mouth even though she is GGG. i also know it's him because he feels guilty about everything. we're friendly but not friend roommates. so i'm not that close to him where i could be like "man up and stop feeling guilty about everything"

Clearly you have an obligation to make fun of him next time his lady comes over? (no pun intended)

• coming into his ex-girl's mouth

I like to think that I'm on pretty good terms with my ex, but damn.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Have you thought to maybe cut out Dans columns and leave them around the house for him? Maybe on the fridge?

He's lucky to have you as a roommate. If it was other guys, they would surely make fun of him to his face.

• it's one of those ex's (exes?) that isn't really an ex. i realize now after posting this thread that i can't let any strutters into my house now.

anyway, happy election day everyone.

• it's one of those ex's (exes?) that isn't really an ex. i realize now after posting this thread is that i can't let any strutters into my house now.

anyway, happy election day everyone.

what a wack way to dump herm, yo.