Stevie Wonder MSG 11/17 Tickets?

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Any NYC heads going? I'll be in the city that weekend, show is sold out. Any leads? I really want to go. Need two tickets.

Comments

• I saw him a few years back, he was even better than I expected.
    Hope you find them.

• too late - I got the offer thru my Knicks season subscription and passed cuz I'm going to be in Syracuse that weekend.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Just copped tickets for tonight in South Philly.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Just copped tickets for tonight in South Philly.

I Just dropped $550 on two tickets for MSG. Worth every penny though. I'm anticipating several guest appearances. Curious on that, but since it's his only NYC show you know it will be . It sold out in a few hours, people are hyped.

Any NYC heads attending this?

Drew please give us summary after the show. Peeps who went to the Montreal one were very impressed.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    To Nate and anyone else who has the opportunity to see this show, please, please do not hesitate in the slightest to attend! Stevie's music will never sound the same to you after experiencing it with a stadium full of others. There's really no way I can get everything I want to say in this response and I want to leave some mystery for you to discover at the show. But, he played a lot of popular singles, real head album cuts, brought the crowd through a range emotions from jubilation to crying about the death of his mother while he played through a song, and the dude even belched into the mic at one point, haha! How real it does get.

The face-melting moment of the night, for me, was a vocoder/talk box version of La La Means I Love You, part of a short Philly section, that was off the hook!! Wow, I wish I had a recording of that. Stevie also took time during the show to interact with the audience, telling stories about some of his songs and directed the men and women to sing different choruses at times. He was completely full of life and energy with a message of love for everyone. It's hard not to say that it ranks up there with one of the most thorough and fun shows I've ever been to.