beppesoul=marcofunk collectros beware

2»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Somebody posted a marcofunk-style gospel collector's ID (not that one) up here a while back that was dropping MAD loot on OG 45s (no idea if he was overpaying - prob not - but the numerous high-dollar wins over a short span encouraged the comparison)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    There are definately some similar characters in Germany/Japan who are after obscure/unknown rap pieces and buy tons of high priced records. A lot of the real dope rap on eBay goes in the 50-100 range while dollar-bin indie turds from the mid-90s listed as unknown go for 100+. In my experience foreign hip-hop collectors have been a pleasure to deal with though.

Lesson learned: There are a lot of rich people who can afford to do this, but they don't always have great taste.

• A slight derivation:

Anyone know this rev. skalablues character? He's been on eBay for a while, but dude has gone MAD within the last month (100+ wins) and is slowly becoming the Marcofunk of Gospel. Is this I-talian Stallion really that good with Jesus, or is he just bidding wildly?

At least he's winning most items at low prices and not pushing them up to Popsike prices.

I've seen rev. skalablues bidding on stuff before. Usually always good stuff. Also there is the marcofunk of african music named surli burli. I always see this guy and think twice about bidding.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    There is a marcofunk for every genre that exists.

The good lord givith and the good lord taketh away.