return of marcofunk/beppesoul

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
oh boy. so dude won these C12 drum break records we had for sale, and paid ridiculously high for them. i come to find out, the only reason he bid was because the price was high, so he assumed they were the illest of ill raer funk. about a week after the auction's end, he emails asking what's the story behind them, and why they went so high. the item's description stated in no uncertain terms what the records were, we didn't claim them to be anything other than drum breaks records. and in a couple of emails, i reiterate that these aren't funk or soul, and that we're not responsible for uninformed bidding. so anyhow, he finally paid and included a blurb about how he needs to make sure these records are funk or soul. again, i send an email stating that we're not responsible blah blah blah.. i've heard horror stories about dude, but never had problems. but this seems like it could become a problem. any advice? should i refund his money now and avoid the headache? does he have any recourse thru paypal since we didn't misrepresent the items?

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Might they have been better listed under "Rap, Hip-Hop"?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

included a blurb about how he needs to make sure these records are *genius* funk or soul.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I had a similar tense situation with him recently when he won a lounge album for almost $300. I just wrote him and made sure he totally understood that he would be getting $300 worth of amature Killing Me Softly and not Carl Sherlock Holmes. He's actaully been totally hassle free lately when buying from me. Knock on particle board.