Who does an instrumental cover of Steely Dan PEG?

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
It's on a recent re-edit 12", of course there's no artist name listed.... It's surprisingly good too.

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I can't help here, but I'd like to know who did an old house edit of "Glamour Profession."

Which is

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    It's on a recent re-edit 12", of course there's no artist name listed....
    It's surprisingly good too.

No idea, but the first track on that record is...

De De - S&M (Sexy Music)

http://www.discogs.com/release/709737

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Doc Sevrenson did a pretty good funky big band version, but I don't know if that's it.

• I have a Mike Mandel 10" on Vanguard, disco-esque Peg cover done with Moog's and Arp's, goes for about 7 minutes if I remember.
    could this be it?

• Yeah that Mike Mandel sounds about right. Some borderline cheesy / cool synth work in there.

Quick googeling revealed it's easily available on the Sky Music LP and a UK 12". The US 10" has be rare though.

• Word, let me know if that is it, a re-edit would be a proper look for this to get around some of the worst parts..I don't think I could ever get away with playing it out...

• Man... I did a mash up of Bootsy Collins - Body Slam and Steely Dan - Peg

WOW.... they match together almost perfectly in tempo... so i had to chop em..
    but the song structures match perfectly... down to where the piano solo from one and the guitar solo from the other hit at the same time...

its pertttty amazing. I'll dig it up if anyone cares.