craziest themed album

waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
they don't make em like this anymore. wtf is up with 70s guys making albums about any and everything? poetry (whether it's blake a la axelrod or whatever else)playspaintingsFrickin' "dialogues of plato"...what's the craziest shit you own/know been based on?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    U mean the whole album?

• yeah, though craziest themes in general would do

• they don't make em like this anymore. wtf is up with 70s guys making albums about any and everything?

poetry (whether it's blake a la axelrod or whatever else)
    plays
    paintings
    Frickin' "dialogues of plato"

what's the craziest shit you own/know been based on?

new album...or old album?

• either man. i'm working on the assumption that, as my grandad used to tell me, "they don't make em like that any more" but if you know of new ones or olds - hit em up.

• prince among thieves

• i was thinking of that the other day. i have the promo VHS for it and i wish they'd actually made a flick. brewin's version over the kane beat is Frickin' SICK also.

• well, I'm really a fan of "Yoshimi Battles The Pinnk Robots" by Flaming Lips, Dr. Hooker's album, MMMFood by MF DOOM, and i would say that my own album "Reheated Naan & Curry" would fall into this category...since that was my idea behind it...a theme...and a complete album...

but, that's what I've come up with so far...I'm sure there are many more..

• i agree man, your album is some nice shit and fits the bill well. i guess mine (sci-fu) does and my obsession with themed albums/concept albums is probably related to that too

the reaosn behind the post is that i was thinking mainly about stuff like axelrod lps (holocaust, blakes poetry etc.) and particularly jazz albums

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Concept Album?????

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    prince among thieves

Also, the Handsome Boys Modeling School -- an album about a fake male modeling school.

No grading on the quality of said album, although it does have its moments.

And don't forget the sequel Lovage, a pretty hit-or-miss record about making love to your old lady, that is if she doesn't mind listening to really creepy music.

• Majesticons
    Deltron 3030

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    and particularly jazz albums

Lalo Schifrin - The Marquis De Sade LP from mid 60s' and then, inexplicably, he put out a second one called Return Of Marquis De Sade 40 years later just a few years ago.
    Dude's obviously got some hang ups.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

...an entire psych rock album with Edgar Allan Poe lyrics. Its pretty good and can be found for cheap.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

An entire album of anti-abortion rock songs. Wooo!!!

• and particularly jazz albums

Lalo Schifrin - The Marquis De Sade LP from mid 60s' and then, inexplicably, he put out a second one called Return Of Marquis De Sade 40 years later just a few years ago.
    Dude's obviously got some hang ups.

it's funny, cuz, this had originally popped into my mind...but, I hadn't heard it in such a long time...I was quite sure...

• ...an entire psych rock album with Edgar Allan Poe lyrics. Its pretty good and can be found for cheap.

hehe - before i saw the pic i was thinking "alan parsons project"??