Shooting at party in Caracas while Carl Cox mixing

mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Damn this shit is crazy.

Comments

• Caracas ain't no joke. I was there in the early 90's and one day we rented a jeep for a day trip to the beach. On the way back to my friend's apartment (an armed fortress basically) we got lost in a SKETCHY neighborhood. We had to find a pay phone (pre cell phone days) and call our friend to give us directions back to his place. The security guards at the strip mall we finally found a phone at had submachine guns and lots of shirtless guys with knife scars eyed our jeep. Finally made it back safe (no stopping at red lights at night). My friend got his family out of there and has been living in Miami since 2000.

• Shit...wish I could understand more of the discussion in the comments section on the page. I did notice this GNR reference..what else does it say?

"you know where you are??? you're in the jungle and you're gonna die!!! welcome to the revolutonary jungle... ojala y se maten todos y saquen ese maldito pedazo podrido del atlas... despues de ese poco de piolas no caen muy bien ese poco de tiros no? jajajjaja sigan haciendo vainas en barrios pues... malditos todos monos de mierda"

• taken from CarlCox.com...

STATEMENT FROM CARL

05 Nov 07

"I am deeply shocked and still stunned by the events of this Saturday [3rd November]. My condolences go out to victims that were caught up in this horrific act that took place at this gig. I am informed that it was gang related and feel so sad that anybody would act in such a manner when the event was full of 7000 people having fun! I will try my best to continue on the tour accross South America however deeply shocked and shaken I am."

Coxy.